Its about time for this I presume

Sorry, at the time I thought that I was clear in my post. I wasn't!

I was referring to finals between Crown and Cadets, and in that context, Crown DID win.

Funny, I thought a corps won when they got the DCI 1st place trophy and a ring accompanied with that. So I guess Cadets won when they beat Cavies, Cavies won when they beat SCV, SCV won when they beat....and so on and so on.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny, I thought a corps won when they got the DCI 1st place trophy and a ring accompanied with that. So I guess Cadets won when they beat Cavies, Cavies won when they beat SCV, SCV won when they beat....and so on and so on.

Everyone's a winner!!

Winnah, winnah, chicken dinnah!!

Really??? zero? Because ive been to finals once, and i bought them after the season starts. And if we are to see a big decline in finals attendance from the regulars who normally buy in advance, there will be plenty of room left for the late comers. Im sure plenty of people plan NOT to go to finals, and then somewhere in midseason say "awww....what the hell, i guess i'll go"

This was my original post that started most of these. I dont see where I said that 'better seats would be available due to reduced attendance'. Additionally, I said IF we see a decline in attendance....not, "we will see a decline in attendance".

Oh, and I finally got a picture up for you in the other thread. No wine today....i try to limit it to 2 or 3 times a week :tongue:

This was my original post that started most of these. I dont see where I said that 'better seats would be available due to reduced attendance'. Additionally, I said IF we see a decline in attendance....not, "we will see a decline in attendance".

Oh, and I finally got a picture up for you in the other thread. No wine today....i try to limit it to 2 or 3 times a week :tongue:

Jeesh, I try to limit my wine to 2 or 3 times a DAY!

I'll get my Nerf darts and go check out your pic. And on my third reading of your post I agree. IF we see a decline in attendance... But isn't that just stating the obvious?

Pioneer won, didn't you hear?

Here's my theory

Crown has been rising up 2 places in finals every year since 2006.....Therefore, crown will win 0 place in finals this year, meaning they won't make finals.....HOW COULD YOU LET ME DOWN, CROWN? HOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW??????????????????????????????????????????

Seriously though, isn't it way to early to be making bets?

Here's my theory

Crown has been rising up 2 places in finals every year since 2006.....Therefore, crown will win 0 place in finals this year, meaning they won't make finals.....HOW COULD YOU LET ME DOWN, CROWN? HOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW??????????????????????????????????????????

Seriously though, isn't it way to early to be making bets?

yeah, I just figured it was time for the yearly pre season thread about how crown will win it all, and this time to me they seem to have a legit shot to win, you know not a BS post but a real I think they can do it this year.

yeah, I just figured it was time for the yearly pre season thread about how crown will win it all, and this time to me they seem to have a legit shot to win, you know not a BS post but a real I think they can do it this year.

they are still getting annoying

I've heard rumor of what their show is, and if true, seems more in line with 08 than 09 from a concept standpoint. Should be interesting. Although I couldn't say if hearing rumors is enough to back a "legit shot" to win the title this year.

When you boil it down, with the knowledge we have at this time about any corps, it's most anyone's game.

Oh there are certainly honks aligned with any corps. I myself have more than my fair share of Cadet-honky statements. And this being DCP, the honkiness is normally pointed out within .0384 seconds. Even those less inclined to be honks will still prattle on about how or why corps X should've beaten corps Y.

You stating that you're excited to see folks like myself get our panties in a bunch is really no different than those that get on here posting with their panties in a bunch. Especially when you're excited for that to happen in February.... these corps haven't even seen a football field this year yet (at least on the east coast cause they're all under 15 tons of snow).

That said, I can relate to your enthusiasm for your corps. I too am pumped for this season. While I know more about what the Cadets have lined up, I find I have more anticipation to find out what Crown is going to put out this year. I feel they are certainly the "newbie" corps that has the best shot to dethrone the Usual Suspects.

But if the trash talking is going to start earlier, awesome. :) If nothing else, it helps pass the time.

GO BANDS!!!

That's what I'm talking about! I love getting hyped early. I've had so much fun on here the last couple of years honking for the home team. I love the back and forth BS between the fans. Serious fandom!

I'll be the first to admit when my team screws up and give credit where its due so at least nobody can call me a honk wearing blinders. ......I'm on a horse.