DCI schedule

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing as it's an Open Class show, you're more likely to see it taking place in Farmer Brown's pigpen rather than a nice venue.

I was at some Open class shows that were in pretty good stadiums. Dubuque comes to mind. I think I was just too happy to be marching to care where it was.

I don’t get it

They freed up all that staff by planting DCI in Indy for 10 years, why are they so behind?

Cue the typical excuses and the it’s not DCI fault for their own mismanagement

Is it in the water you drink? Or are you naturally just cynical and negative?

Jeesh

Is it in the water you drink? Or are you naturally just cynical and negative?

Jeesh

Whatever the reason, he's unflinching in his commitment to having something bad to say about everything.

Also the Washington DC show has no location yet :laughing:

Curious... could this be the George Mason (Fairfax, VA) show? Pretty close to DC.

That George Mason show was one of the worst managed and put together Drum Corps shows ever. I can't believe that they are going to allow another show there. Parking was a mess, the corps were so far away from the gate its a joke, the event is held in a track and field stadium with about 10-15 row bleachers, and the front sideline is literaly 35 yards from the stands. Please, oh please, don't give them another show.

While we've been focused on the San Antonio venue change, there have been a lot of other minor little changes going on to the tour schedule in the last few days. For instance:

8/5: Kitchener ONT (New Open Class show)

YES! YES! YES! :laughing:

I don’t get it

They freed up all that staff by planting DCI in Indy for 10 years, why are they so behind?

Cue the typical excuses and the it’s not DCI fault for their own mismanagement

There's a difference between DCI major events that DCI runs directly and the local shows that are run as part of a license agreement with DCI. Venue and scheduling issues could easily be on the part of the local organizing group like a HS band or civic group. Not really fair to cast such venom here.

That George Mason show was one of the worst managed and put together Drum Corps shows ever. I can't believe that they are going to allow another show there. Parking was a mess, the corps were so far away from the gate its a joke, the event is held in a track and field stadium with about 10-15 row bleachers, and the front sideline is literaly 35 yards from the stands. Please, oh please, don't give them another show.

Plus it rained.

Edited by boxingfred