Empire in CA?

OK, I'll blow the whistle:

We all cancelled the respective tours because the members of the Empire Statesmen fart too much and you know how us tree hugging Californians are always trying to "spare the air".............

(hey it's OK to laugh...........trust me it's OK it'll make me feel better LOL)

It's true, just ask Fred Hall!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

members of the Empire Statesmen fart too much
Fred Hall!

True story.

OK, I'll blow the whistle:

We all cancelled the respective tours because the members of the Empire Statesmen fart too much and you know how us tree hugging Californians are always trying to "spare the air".............

(hey it's OK to laugh...........trust me it's OK it'll make me feel better LOL)

It's true, just ask Fred Hall!
True story.

The truth hurts Fred, but we love you!

Ok I have heard about share points, but how do they work exactly?

honestly, I don't know

This is sad news for both coasts.

From a West Coast perspective, I was really looking forward to the NorCal weekend July 9-11, and seeing Empire.

One of he first things I thought of when I heard Empire was coming out here was, "This will be a hell of a warm up arc". Last year, a combined Renegades, Freelancers Alums, and Kingsmen Sr, met up before their performance at Loudest Show on Earth. This to have some fun, hype, and blow paint off the buildngs in Dublin, CA.

-80-90 G's.

-A dude riding a bike.

...And "Loud is Good".

Being part of Kingsmen last year, I remember that moment as one of the highlights from my season.

I was really looking forward to the possibility this year, with Empire, Dream, Renegades, and maybe some Kingsmen/Freelancer alums. That would have been north of 120-125 horns, mostly G's. Not only shattering windows and destroying homes with sound, but creating a seismic wave that would have reached out to San Francisco.

Being a part of Dream now, I am sure we will all have a great time in NorCal between July 9-11.

But you guys in Empire will definitely be missed.

Edited by Dmlkmen

honestly, I don't know

,..................all corps receive points for appearing in regular season shows, hosting shows, appearing in prelims and finals, etc...................points are totalled for all corps and divided into the net proceeds from finals weekend,...................example: if a corps collects 10 share points for the season, appears at prelims, and say a share point is worth $100.00, (I have no idea what a point has been worth in recent years)...............the corps receives $1000.00 at the end of the season,...................

,..................all corps receive points for appearing in regular season shows, hosting shows, appearing in prelims and finals, etc...................points are totalled for all corps and divided into the net proceeds from finals weekend,...................example: if a corps collects 10 share points for the season, appears at prelims, and say a share point is worth $100.00, (I have no idea what a point has been worth in recent years)...............the corps receives $1000.00 at the end of the season,...................

Adding that - I believe - hosting a DCA sanctioned show is worth more share points.

And I applaud both organizations for the effort. I half thought of flying out just to see it all happen.

For what it's worth; I think both organizations should be highly commended for doing everything within their power to make it happen.

Sometimes things work out and sometimes not; the most important thing is huge efforts were made and (thus) seeds potentially planted for the future of the activity.

Kudos to Empire and Renegades for your positive visions and stellar efforts!! :tongue:

This is sad news for both coasts.

From a West Coast perspective, I was really looking forward to the NorCal weekend July 9-11, and seeing Empire.

One of he first things I thought of when I heard Empire was coming out here was, "This will be a hell of a warm up arc". Last year, a combined Renegades, Freelancers Alums, and Kingsmen Sr, met up before their performance at Loudest Show on Earth. This to have some fun, hype, and blow paint off the buildngs in Dublin, CA.

-80-90 G's.

-A dude riding a bike.

...And "Loud is Good".

Being part of Kingsmen last year, I remember that moment as one of the highlights from my season.

I was really looking forward to the possibility this year, with Empire, Dream, Renegades, and maybe some Kingsmen/Freelancer alums. That would have been north of 120-125 horns, mostly G's. Not only shattering windows and destroying homes with sound, but creating a seismic wave that would have reached out to San Francisco.

Being a part of Dream now, I am sure we will all have a great time in NorCal between July 9-11.

But you guys in Empire will definitely be missed.

I'm kinda bummed out too. I was hoping to hook up with Empire and hang with all of you. Maybe even getting in on that huge arch. LOUD, LOUD IS GOOD. Edited by NYSkyliner

I wonder how many players in NY got lured from Brigs and Cru. The economy was just as bad when you announced it. As far as the deal where Empire and Renegades pay for each others travel expenses, Whats the difference? Each is still paying for a trip cross country. The classy thing would have been for Statesmen to go anyway. The economy never seemed to slow down Empire's ability to travel before. If you say you're going, then go.....