The ALL DCA Corps

All DCA Corps  

155 members have voted

1. 1. What corps would you say was the best that DCA has offered since its inception?

• Caballeros
    • Buccaneers
    • Sunrisers
    • Bushwhackers
    • Hurricanes
    • Skyliners
    • Matadors
    • Rochester Crusaders
    • Empire Statesmen
    • Brigadiers
    • Westshore
    • Steel City Ambassadors
    • Minnesota Brass
    • Renegades
    • Yankee Rebels

Forget Blouse? That's the problem with DCA....they want EVERYONE to forget the "Big B"!

I'll stand by my comment... but not my shirts. :worthy:

Besides, the Ski Mask Cadets have a proven track record of world-class underachievement. :tongue:

Fran

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. Not going to get into a peeing match with you, but go back and look at their shows through the years. They did a lot of things that no one in DCA had done before. (But many since)My statements were merely as a reply to the "they've only been around since 1983" argument.

Just food for thought. As I said, not trying to argue AGAINST the Cabs. Their record speaks for themselves.

Don't really see much ground breaking innovations that have come from Empire. Enlighten me and name one perhaps. Now, the Sunrisers have had MANY innovations that have changed the face of DCA (first female guard, first female in hornline, first female soloist, first use of keyboard instruments)...a true innovative corps....AND they only got one vote! Talk about being dismissed. But then again, nobody should come close to the Cabs in this poll. On that note, we certainly agree... Edited by VOReason

Did I read this right? I think Statesmen have been THE most entertaining corps in DCA history! Now this is from a Rochester Crusader alum. I saw the corps when it first started out and I competed against them a few times....let me tell you, other corps have been entertaining but Empire takes it to another level. IMO.

Sunrisers have done all those things too but this is about what corps exemplifies DCA. Most will agree that Hawthorne is THE corps followed by Bucs.

Don't really see much ground breaking innovations that have come from Empire. Enlighten me and name one perhaps. Now, the Sunrisers have had MANY innovations that have changed the face of DCA (first female guard, first female in hornline, first female soloist, first use of keyboard instruments)...a true innovative corps....AND they only got one vote! Talk about being dismissed. But then again, nobody should come close to the Cabs in this poll. On that note, we certainly agree...

Did I read this right? I think Statesmen have been THE most entertaining corps in DCA history! Now this is from a Rochester Crusader alum. I saw the corps when it first started out and I competed against them a few times....let me tell you, other corps have been entertaining but Empire takes it to another level. IMO.

Sunrisers have done all those things too but this is about what corps exemplifies DCA. Most will agree that Hawthorne is THE corps followed by Bucs.

Absolutely Empire is an EXTREMELY entertaining corps, however innovative not so much. There IS a difference. And absolutely when anyone mentions DCA, most folks think Cabs.

Don't really see much ground breaking innovations that have come from Empire. Enlighten me and name one perhaps. Now, the Sunrisers have had MANY innovations that have changed the face of DCA (first female guard, first female in hornline, first female soloist, first use of keyboard instruments)...a true innovative corps....AND they only got one vote! Talk about being dismissed. But then again, nobody should come close to the Cabs in this poll. On that note, we certainly agree...

ok not for anything but cru had a female guard from 1947-1959. sorry.

Well, you will all be thrilled to know, (ok maybe not ALL, but some of you!) that we here at DCA world headquarters are going to post every score, from every DCA contest ever held, going all the way back to the beginning of the circuit in 1964. It'll be on our web site. Now, I expect to be able to have this online before the start of the season, but I can't guarantee that. These records exist on paper, and one of our people volunteered to type it all in so that it exists electronically. Obviously, this is going to take many weeks, but the project is WELL underway. Imagine the endless hours everyone can spend grinding though 45 years of scores and being able to see what corps has the most 3rd place finishes in history, or you name it. If you're retired and have nothing better to do, playing with this data can probably keep you entertained for the rest of your life :)

Glen

Though it's been said.... WooHoo!! Great to hear Glen! :tongue:

Thanks!! :worthy:

My sleeper pick for overall consistency is the 1981 Ski Mask Cadets.

The corps was consistently bad during its one, and so far, only performance. :worthy:

Fran

Some how I just knew you'd go there.... :tongue:

So there's a "possibility".... :worthy:

Its Bushwackers, NOT BushwHackers

Wow.... 4 pages later and I just noticed that after your post.... :tongue: