The ALL DCA Corps

All DCA Corps  

155 members have voted

1. 1. What corps would you say was the best that DCA has offered since its inception?

• Caballeros
    • Buccaneers
    • Sunrisers
    • Bushwhackers
    • Hurricanes
    • Skyliners
    • Matadors
    • Rochester Crusaders
    • Empire Statesmen
    • Brigadiers
    • Westshore
    • Steel City Ambassadors
    • Minnesota Brass
    • Renegades
    • Yankee Rebels

I am looking for the corps that one could say has not only been a champion through the years, from the beginning of DCA, but was consistent in top ranking. Yes, some of these corps probably shouldn't be here and maybe your corps was left out. If you have another corps....post it, but don't shoot me for leaving it off. I checked the archives and half the corps should definitely be on this poll while the rest I added for, in some cases, nostalgia.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, you will all be thrilled to know, (ok maybe not ALL, but some of you!) that we here at DCA world headquarters are going to post every score, from every DCA contest ever held, going all the way back to the beginning of the circuit in 1964. It'll be on our web site. Now, I expect to be able to have this online before the start of the season, but I can't guarantee that. These records exist on paper, and one of our people volunteered to type it all in so that it exists electronically. Obviously, this is going to take many weeks, but the project is WELL underway. Imagine the endless hours everyone can spend grinding though 45 years of scores and being able to see what corps has the most 3rd place finishes in history, or you name it. If you're retired and have nothing better to do, playing with this data can probably keep you entertained for the rest of your life :)

Glen

I am looking for the corps that one could say has not only been a champion through the years, from the beginning of DCA, but was consistent in top ranking. Yes, some of these corps probably shouldn't be here and maybe your corps was left out. If you have another corps....post it, but don't shoot me for leaving it off. I checked the archives and half the corps should definitely be on this poll while the rest I added for, in some cases, nostalgia.

Well, you will all be thrilled to know, (ok maybe not ALL, but some of you!) that we here at DCA world headquarters are going to post every score, from every DCA contest ever held, going all the way back to the beginning of the circuit in 1964. It'll be on our web site. Now, I expect to be able to have this online before the start of the season, but I can't guarantee that. These records exist on paper, and one of our people volunteered to type it all in so that it exists electronically. Obviously, this is going to take many weeks, but the project is WELL underway. Imagine the endless hours everyone can spend grinding though 45 years of scores and being able to see what corps has the most 3rd place finishes in history, or you name it. If you're retired and have nothing better to do, playing with this data can probably keep you entertained for the rest of your life :)

Glen

Hell now I'm waiting for the lowest score every achieved marks. :tongue:

Not kidding, think I should be in the lowest five at least....

VERY COOL!!!

Edit: Hope the exhibiton corps are included Glen, did lot of those in 1975.

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

Glen

That's GREAT news Glen! ... BRAVO! ... I like that idea much more than the poll that is offered up in this thread ... Keith has done some interesting polls in the past but, I don't care for this one at all ... sorry ...

Andy

I'm not exactly clear on this poll what you are asking.

In addition, not to be a stick in the mud, but many/most people don't bother reading the question and simply see their corps name there and click on it.

There is no science behind them and the results are very rarely accurate. So for if its purely for entertainment purises then...................the choice is clear.............Phantom Vanguard

This will be great to have archived.

As for lowest scores ever received... they will have to go back to the tick era for sure as you now get 40 or more if the bus driver finds the stadium.. I can remember plenty of 20's but am having a hard time going into the teens...

I'll almost guarantee you that I was - unfortunately - part of the lowest score ever received by a MAJOR finalist corps when Brigs scored 35 and change in 1970 - a score that I believe was unjustified to this day. Some judges just got carried away due to an incomplete, not prepared show. That score killed this proud corps. Had this not happened, I guarantee we would have been in the 60's the following week, but that was not to happen. The current system is far more forgiving and starting the season in the high 50's is a lot more paletable than a 35.

Glen

now that is something i can sink my teeth into. i'm on the computer all day long so this will be great for me. thanks glen. :tongue:

Okay, I'm on break and was bored today. Just wanted to find out what corps we can call The all DCA Corps. If this poll is unnecessary I'll have it closed. I chose Hawthorne.....how many championships? When people speak of DCA, Caballeros are usually mentioned. I met a few people down here (older) that will always mention Hawthorne.

IMHO it will be hard not to say Hawthorne , many years they ran the table and have consistently been at least top 5.

The undefeated streaks by Brigs and Bucs are less than 1/8 of the total DCA years.

It breaks my heart not to vote NY Skyliners , 1972 is 1 of my 10 favorite performances. ( junior or senior )

Edited by fecontra

If everyone truly reads this description I think there can be only one corps named and it's not the one I'm affiliated with. Cabs have been the most consistent of any DCA corps. :tongue: Though they were not members of DCA at inception. So......though I think my Bucs have been pretty good over the years and particularly good the past 5, we have not been the most consistent.

Gotta be honest 'cause we're all in this together.