The ALL DCA Corps

All DCA Corps  

155 members have voted

1. 1. What corps would you say was the best that DCA has offered since its inception?

• Caballeros
    • Buccaneers
    • Sunrisers
    • Bushwhackers
    • Hurricanes
    • Skyliners
    • Matadors
    • Rochester Crusaders
    • Empire Statesmen
    • Brigadiers
    • Westshore
    • Steel City Ambassadors
    • Minnesota Brass
    • Renegades
    • Yankee Rebels

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be great to have archived.

As for lowest scores ever received... they will have to go back to the tick era for sure as you now get 40 or more if the bus driver finds the stadium.. I can remember plenty of 20's but am having a hard time going into the teens...

I'll almost guarantee you that I was - unfortunately - part of the lowest score ever received by a MAJOR finalist corps when Brigs scored 35 and change in 1970 - a score that I believe was unjustified to this day. Some judges just got carried away due to an incomplete, not prepared show. That score killed this proud corps. Had this not happened, I guarantee we would have been in the 60's the following week, but that was not to happen. The current system is far more forgiving and starting the season in the high 50's is a lot more paletable than a 35.

i remember that show at syracuse tom. it was such a sad thing to watch. you guy's could barely finish the show. i know we were big time competitors but i was so embarrased for you. your right had you survived till the next week i know you would have had a much better score.

Well, you will all be thrilled to know, (ok maybe not ALL, but some of you!) that we here at DCA world headquarters are going to post every score, from every DCA contest ever held, going all the way back to the beginning of the circuit in 1964. It'll be on our web site.

We need a new emoticon....a bleacher full of these - :tongue:

I'll almost guarantee you that I was - unfortunately - part of the lowest score ever received by a MAJOR finalist corps when Brigs scored 35 and change in 1970 -

Reading Buccaneers pulled a 32.8 in their 1994 season opener (July 2, Bridgeport, CT). That looks like the only lower score ever drawn by a corps with DCA finals on their resume.

Well, you will all be thrilled to know, (ok maybe not ALL, but some of you!) that we here at DCA world headquarters are going to post every score, from every DCA contest ever held, going all the way back to the beginning of the circuit in 1964. It'll be on our web site. Now, I expect to be able to have this online before the start of the season, but I can't guarantee that. These records exist on paper, and one of our people volunteered to type it all in so that it exists electronically. Obviously, this is going to take many weeks, but the project is WELL underway. Imagine the endless hours everyone can spend grinding though 45 years of scores and being able to see what corps has the most 3rd place finishes in history, or you name it. If you're retired and have nothing better to do, playing with this data can probably keep you entertained for the rest of your life :)

Glen

WOW! Awesome!!!

and...for the poll...the Cabs. Almost always in the hunt...what, maybe 4/5 times out of the top 5 since 1966? Only corps to never miss finals in all of their years competing at DCA Championships of those in existence before 1980?

Some corps have had some great runs...Brigs, Bucs....But for sheer excellence, as well as fan adoration, you can't beat the Cabs. They are the Rolls Royce, Cadillac, Stretch Limo, Jaguar, Porshe and Beemer of the activity all rolled into one.

Okay, I'm on break and was bored today. Just wanted to find out what corps we can call The all DCA Corps. If this poll is unnecessary I'll have it closed. I chose Hawthorne.....how many championships? When people speak of DCA, Caballeros are usually mentioned. I met a few people down here (older) that will always mention Hawthorne.

Hawthorne was not part of initial DCA.

Of the corps posted I believe it's either Reading, or Connecticut. IMO

However, other than the corps I marched with, Sky was always my favorite.

Edited by ereese

I didn't say they had to be there from day one, I meant since the stat of DCA...... I voted for Cabs. Without a doubt they exemplify DCA!

Hawthorne was not part of initial DCA.

Of the corps posted I believe it's either Reading, or Connecticut. IMO

However, other than the corps I marched with, Sky was always my favorite.

it's a tough call... overall... history of drum corps? NO DECISION - Cabs...

Bucs have won 9 DCA championships including the first and last - pretty impressive...

If you're wondering, Cabs have also won 9 DCA Championships...

edited because I can't count

Edited by TomPeashey