2 Sets of Horns@!

I didnt have as much of a problem with bd 07...and certainly no issue with bd 05....after all, nobody cares where you're not good (fact of dcp). And seriously though...lets not go OT and bash bd here....we're only allowed to rant about one corps at a time :worthy:

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In 2005 BD was going for #12, so know the facts before you post that. Also, that show wasn't about winning either. All about a dance competition.

I think he meant to say Couple #12.

Are you trying to say that dance competitions aren't about winning?

Not saying they're not about winning, but it's also that show wasn't completely about winning a championship. Like so called rumors Crown's show maybe about. I also believe Crown wouldn't go out there and have a show just based on winning the DCI title, but I'm saying if they do I agree with Nick and will say it's corny.

Lots and lots of Corps over the years have used brass colored horns rather than chrome colored, and nobody thought they looked " bandish " at the time at all.

I actually think brass colored horns at night show competitions look much hipper and cooler than the chrome colored horns. The lights off the stadium give a MUCH sharper look and shine to the horns than the silver horns under the lights. The horns just look... well..... better aesthetically ( my personal opinion here ). And the brass colored horns would seem to match Carolina Crown's uniform colors from last year very well too.

There is no sound quality benefit to using 2 sets. But who knows, using 2 sets may provide a unique contrast effect that might very well prove to be very aesthetically pleasing. And if it works theme wise and / or aesthetic wise, I say go for it Crown.

ONE WORD BRIDGEMEN...........NO ONE COMPLAINED....It Looked Great with their uniforms.......and there are others that have used them

Didn't read the whole thread...

BUT WHY THE #### WOULDN'T YOU WANT TO WIN!!! That is a goal of drum corps. Also there are plenty of other goals. But this is a COMPETITIVE activity. No one should be shamed because they a have a goal of winning. And yes there are plenty of other goals in the activity... one of them is performing and getting the audience into the show. Crown has not had a problem with that for quite some time now. I'm pretty sure that their design team isn't going change their mindset. It's been working great for them. But still... why would you have a problem with someone going for the win. Why wouldn't you play to win?

Now on the horns...

I don't really care. Good for them.

Didn't read the whole thread...

BUT WHY THE #### WOULDN'T YOU WANT TO WIN!!! That is a goal of drum corps. Also there are plenty of other goals. But this is a COMPETITIVE activity. No one should be shamed because they a have a goal of winning. And yes there are plenty of other goals in the activity... one of them is performing and getting the audience into the show. Crown has not had a problem with that for quite some time now. I'm pretty sure that their design team isn't going change their mindset. It's been working great for them. But still... why would you have a problem with someone going for the win. Why wouldn't you play to win?

Now on the horns...

I don't really care. Good for them.

Of course they want to win, but do they really have to make their show about wanting to win in order to do so? Somebody on here joked that last years show was a commentary on how crown members left for other corps but found that is wasnt what they hoped for. I laughed it off at the time, but its starting to seem like crown enjoys doing shows about themselves.

(usual disclaimer when my whole argument is based on a rumor....) :thumbdown:

I think we might be getting a little carried away here. It's likely designed as nothing more than a neat visual effect, one of those "ahhh" moments that all top-flight shows try to add in some fashion or other. If they can do it with little to no negative impact financially, then why the heck shouldn't they? I think trying to read into it commentaries on judging or their "championship drive" or other are making a mountain out of a molehill.

Mike

Show was about birds

Bats aren't birds, they're mammals.

This thread has gone downhill.

We've got "Crown" is selfish comments and now someone else is questioning their ensemble sound.

Wow! You guys are just giving up great comments! :thumbdown: