New Uniforms!

I've wanted one of the old-school corps (Phantom, BD, SCV, Blue Stars. Troopers, Cavaliers, Madison, etc) to go retro with their uniforms for a long time now. Just to see if it would make any difference scoring-wise. Not that I would care about the score, but I'd still like to see Madison in cadet green or see the BD guard go to the 1980 gauchos or Phantom rock the tartan and boots, circa 1978.

Actually tommytimp. the unis BAC went to in '09 are based on the corps' look in 1977......so I guess there's one for you... :tongue: Us old-timers think they're retro...the members just think they're bada##..

Edited by craiga

And as an old-timer, although the Blue Stars helmets were a cool look back in the day, as a visual person I have to say that shakos are a much cleaner look. And, the hot pants and white boots would be just a bit.....dated.

Best of luck to the Blue Stars.

Big Dog...

Dont let the world pass you by.. keep your mind open.. traditions are traditions... they are a wonderful

part of our history..... but lets face it... the past 3 years uni has REALLY opened up the corps for a better

visual look, cleaner...and an overall better outcome and more enjoyable show for all... (well.. not you maybe...)

Remember.. you are an alum.. the current members read and or hear about what us alums say or feel and

it means ALOT to them.. BECAUSE they are always wanting our support and approval, please, for the corps

sake...try to be POSITIVE. We''ve all got quirks.. whether it be with the corps mgmt, or the fact that they use

different buses.. (you get the idea).. but as one alum to another alum, with the same Bday.. try to be positive.

FCO

Mike

Big Dog...

Dont let the world pass you by.. keep your mind open.. traditions are traditions... they are a wonderful

part of our history..... but lets face it... the past 3 years uni has REALLY opened up the corps for a better

visual look, cleaner...and an overall better outcome and more enjoyable show for all... (well.. not you maybe...)

Remember.. you are an alum.. the current members read and or hear about what us alums say or feel and

it means ALOT to them.. BECAUSE they are always wanting our support and approval, please, for the corps

sake...try to be POSITIVE. We''ve all got quirks.. whether it be with the corps mgmt, or the fact that they use

different buses.. (you get the idea).. but as one alum to another alum, with the same Bday.. try to be positive.

FCO

Mike

Change happens, what is will be, etc. It's not the end of the world, and it doesn't make me angry or upset, but that doesn't mean I like it; I don't, and I've gone over in detail the reasons why, both aesthetic and tradition-related. As I've said before, the aspect of Blue Stars alums I appreciated most when I was marching was their ability to be honest about their opinions, rather than "honks" that just agreed with whatever their corps did because it was their corps. Like I said, I hope some day they will reclaim the classic look, and I'm curious to know what the new uniform will look like.

And as an old-timer, although the Blue Stars helmets were a cool look back in the day, as a visual person I have to say that shakos are a much cleaner look. And, the hot pants and white boots would be just a bit.....dated.

I didn't say I wanted the guard uniforms back, because I also think the hot pants are a little dated. But I have to disagree on the shakos. That helmet is sui generis and if they went to the old-school 70's-early 80s looking uniform, a shako would look incongruous.

Hot pants DATED?

BLASPHEMY!

I'm trying to find a pic of the Blue Stars 07 guard on family day... Hot pants and all.

I don't care what uniforms they wear this year. Just no more tables all over the field!