Has the view of 'Senior' Corps changed lately in DCI?

Have you even been to a DCI show? .....Cookie Cutter? What are you talking about? Maybe if you ever attend a DCI show you should actually watch it next time. DCA is DCA. DCI is DCI. You can say anything you want, but there is no comparison. If you want to watch the best drum corps....you have to go where the big boys are....DCI.

uh yeah, I've been to a few DCI shows since, oh I don't know, about 1975.Maybe just a few finals, and oh hell, I may have even been Friends of DCI for a few years

:laughing:

and actually, when I want to watch the best drum corps, I go to DCI AND DCA.

because they both have the best of their brands of drum corps.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you even been to a DCI show? .....Cookie Cutter? What are you talking about? Maybe if you ever attend a DCI show you should actually watch it next time. DCA is DCA. DCI is DCI. You can say anything you want, but there is no comparison. If you want to watch the best drum corps....you have to go where the big boys are....DCI.

Wow! Just... wow! :laughing:

Edited by skajerk

:laughing: :laughing:

Your assertion would have more validity if you actually knew who you were addressing and his background in the activity....but it's just easier being ignorant, isn't it?

I don't know why you resent it.

It is true.

Out of last year's top 10, only what...2 corps march G, and one of those has a soloist who plays a Bb.

Empire is a really good group, so would you march them even though their soloists play a Bb?

(Just using them as an example, I'd still call them a G line.)

It's not the horn, it's the person playing it.

There is much more to tradition then what type of horn is in your hand.

Not to mention I would bet what a lot of corps/people currently call "G Bugles" are in fact VERY far removed from G bugles: just because a trumpet is in the key of G doesn't make it a bugle.

But, you know, whatever floats your (or the person you quoted) boat I guess. If you want to call a G-keyed brass instrument a 'bugle,' whatever makes you happy.

he wins

Zach Allyn is the man. Also, as a fellow Soprano player in Empire's line, it is FANTASTIC to have someone who marches and plays so well to look up to. Not to mention his history with 2008 Phantom Regiment!

To Kyle, yes Joey Pero played a Bb with us! It is the player behind the horn for sure. That man can play like no other!