Death of the Ballad

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything is cyclical. And there's still a lot of beautiful moments out there. For example, I wouldn't consider anything in "Ballet for Martha" to be a ballad in the traditional sense, and yet there were plenty of ballad-like moments.

Everything is cyclical. And there's still a lot of beautiful moments out there. For example, I wouldn't consider anything in "Ballet for Martha" to be a ballad in the traditional sense, and yet there were plenty of ballad-like moments.

yeah, i miss ballads.

They're becoming more and more rare. Makes me sad.

a challenge to conduct yet sweet when they know how to play with feeling...

i've no smilie or words that expresses The Ballad; except that it comes from the heart

...I was going to say that most of Vanguard's show was Ballad-ish. The show that sticks out to me as the one with the least amount of ballad is Boston's show this past summer.

What corps last year didn't have a ballad?

Boston 09 definitely had an anti-ballad. Only about 10 seconds of soft, then accel. to the end. I loves me a ballad, but I think it worked for Boston last year. Don't worry though OP, I hear they have one this year. :thumbup:

Heh, bitd the structure was opener, concert piece, closer. Concert piece was almost always a ballad of some kind. I do think todays corps do an excellent job of expressing the highs and lows, fast and slows of their shows. (starts beat boxing)