Are there true loyalties in DCI like there are in the NFL?

Are you completely solid on one corps like you are solid on an NFL team? Loyal to none other than them?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Choices

• I am indifferent
    • I find something to like in all corps
    • I only like one corps and no other
    • I like only a small handful of corps
    • I plead the 5th

Just out of curiosity, are there anyone loyal to one corps as they are to a football team? I know I was like that "Carolina Crown is the best and no one else is better!" but as fate would have it, I have found someting I like (stylistically speaking) in every corps over the past year and a half i've been exposed to DCI. Well..... maybe not Jersey Surf..... Or Teal Sound... :blink: I haven't seen enough of them on google videos to make a decision.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your question is a little unclear. What exactly do you mean by "loyalty"?

I respect and appreciate all corps, find things that I like in many, have a couple favorites and a very strong personal bias toward 1. I don't know where that puts me in your poll.

Poorly constructed poll.

I like more than one corps in a given year, however I do have a favorite that I am loyal to

This pretty much sums up my interaction with drum corps as well. But one thing is certain: I LOVE DRUM CORPS!!!!!

I only cheer for a small group of corps but I respect every single corps out there for what they do.

i have hot dog corps.

I try to find good in all the corps, but if there's something missing I'm not afraid to bring it up either.

Probably not the best poll questions.

Your question is a little unclear. What exactly do you mean by "loyalty"?

I respect and appreciate all corps, find things that I like in many, have a couple favorites and a very strong personal bias toward 1. I don't know where that puts me in your poll.

I fall under this catagory too. I love all drum corps but I love one a little more not because I think they are better than everyone but because they are just my favorite. So, I don't really know where I go in your poll either...