Changes in DCI?

If there's rioting tonight, it's in Boston, where the Bruins just got sent packing by the Flyers in historic fashion!

oh wow...i was hoping for a M versus B semi final...oops wrong thread :)

edit: I had Briere in my hockey pool 3 or 4 years ago, dang...shoulda been in the a pool 2010

Edited by lindap

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right here.

Just to be clear, I am not getting in the middle of this discussion, only clarifying for Dave. Oh, and once more, PLEASE don't feed the trolls. They're more prevalent here in this thread than in the entire Lord of the Rings series.

Fair enough. But he's hardly the prevailing opinion, as anyone who takes the time to read the thread can see.

I have and don't hear any electronics from those shows. Maybe it is because the loud cheering blocks them out? I know you don't have that problem with DCI these days as most people sit on their hands.

They already have any key horns in DCA...the rest will follow in time.

The DCW words that seem to have everyone's attention here are, "...a real power struggle playing out among the members...". Can that tweet from DCW be varified in this thread?
Apparently there is some sort of "it" since there is a power struggle within the DCI WC voting members.

Actually, it said the Board of Directors; only six WC corps are represented on the board.

With fewer and fewer corps- and fewer and fewer shows- as it is, it does make me wonder how sustainable the current tour system is, but it also makes me wonder how clumping the "Big 6" (BD, Crown, Cadets, Vanguard, Cavies and Phantom) together and letting the other corps go do whatever will be any more effective.

I don't think Crown is represented on the Board. The only two members I can recall are Greg Orwoll (Colts) and Rick Valenzuela (Phantom). Does anyone remember who the other four are?

But it should be profits be shared equally amonst all participants or organizations that fall under the definition of the non-profit.

Right now that does not happen - you have corps making upwards of 60k for a seaon and some making less than 10k and it is not even based on how much you tour cause some opens are touring more than some worlds right now.

The last time I checked the 990s for the WC corps, they reported from $90K (Pioneer) to almost $400K (the top corps) in performance revenue.

Right here.

Just to be clear, I am not getting in the middle of this discussion, only clarifying for Dave. Oh, and once more, PLEASE don't feed the trolls. They're more prevalent here in this thread than in the entire Lord of the Rings series.

so one person said it. whoopdy doo. WC directors have told OC directors they dont belong and no one got all bent

It is personal! Hoping for the demise of DCI is OK?

Yes, actually it IS ok. As long as he is not breaking the posting rules he is free to post as he likes. You can reply to his POV with your own, of course.

Woodwinds o know

woodwinds... will we,.. won't we,.. will we worry, will we we wee ?

Well it may have to wait until Monday to be resolved, but if I am not mistaken, this occured at a board meeting, and since DCI is a non-profit, all meeting minutes must be made available to anyone upon request. So anyone close to Indy, or who knows someone on the board should be able to get ahold of the minutes, and post everyone here on the information.

Personally I don't think the top corps are going to split from the rest. I don't think even if they bring in more money at shows that it would be feasable for anyone. I also don't think it would really have anything to do with the housing situation, as DCW already posted an article about that.

Some things that have crossed my mind would be the addition of non-competing corps with the use of woodwinds, for example Cadets could have 2 corps one with and one without woodwinds. They would both be able to perform at shows, but one would be exhibition only. One other thought is that there would be no more seperation between World and Open Class anymore. Everyone would compete in quarterfinals, with only the top corps moving on, which would eliminate most corps in the Open Class on the first day. Also would cut some expenses having 3 days of open class.

The last time I checked the 990s for the WC corps, they reported from $90K (Pioneer) to almost $400K (the top corps) in performance revenue.

Now check out all the OC corps' 990's and you will see that none of them get any performance revenue from DCI shows (this by design from the WC corps who have all the voting power over OC corps)