drum corps G-7's

here's some tea served pipping hot!

a name they have given themselves the "G-7's" :blink: are comprised of the leadership from the blue devils,SCV.crown.cadets,the cavaliers,phantom regiment and the bluecoats and it seems they are proposing for the year 2011 that they only compete among each other in what will be an deemed and elite corps division,also proposed is that they only perform/compete on on friday,saturday and sunday along with recieving more money per show. :blink:

there is also a request for dci to cut their office staff by half. :w00t:

and reportedly their have also been many "transitions" on the executive board....... :blink:

it's the times.......there a changin....... :blink:

Edited by dugg

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

here's some tea served pipping hot!

a name they have given themselves the "G-7's" :blink: are comprised of the leadership from the blue devils,SCV.crown.cadets,the cavaliers,phantom regiment and the bluecoats and it seems they are proposing for the year 2011 that they only compete among each other in what will be an deemed and elite corps division,also proposed is that they only perform/compete on on friday,saturaday and sunday along with recieving more money per show. :blink:

there is also a request for dci to cut their office staff by half. :w00t:

and reportedly their have also been many "transitions" on the executive board....... :blink:

it's the times.......there a changin....... :blink:

Soooo, corps like Boston and Blue Stars who beat PR last year, and quite possibly will beat more of that group this year, are on the outside looking in? Sounds like a rip-off to me. I hope BAC and BS beat the pants off some of those corps this year. That is also where I plan to spend all of my souvie money this summer, helping out the "underdogs" from outside the G-7.

Soooo, corps like Boston and Blue Stars who beat PR last year, and quite possibly will beat more of that group this year, are on the outside looking in? Sounds like a rip-off to me. I hope BAC and BS beat the pants off some of those corps this year. That is also where I plan to spend all of my souvie money this summer, helping out the "underdogs" from outside the G-7.

so, in SAT terms, Phantom:DCI::Notre Dame:BCS

so, in SAT terms, Phantom:DCI::Notre Dame:BCS

And BAC\BS:DCI :: Boise State\TCU:BCS?

how would another corps get into this division? you can move from open class to world class... can you move from world class to "elite"?

will the bottom 2 members of the elite class be relegated and the 2 highest finishers in world class promoted?

but seriously, this is stupid. They know in any given year they can be beat, so they are trying to make it impossible to do so. Not by getting better, but by changing the rules.

... post only valid if OP is accurate.

And wasn't it as recent as 2004 that Crown was one of those groups that would have been on the outside looking in? Madison would be on and off depending on the three-year time span you're looking at. Weren't the Glassmen pretty much placing in the top 7 at least every other year as recent as 2001?

Look at how groups like Blue Stars, and Troopers have thrived over the last few years, and tell me that their momentum wouldn't be tripped at the finish line.

I know if I were in a group like Boston or Blue Stars, and all of a sudden I went from 7th or 8th to 1st or 2nd, I would feel like I didn't fully achieve all that I could achieve.

I just feel like they're only taking a snapshot of the last few years. Some could argue that I'm stretching the time span, that it's been fairly consistent for the last couple years, but why would anyone want to go see the same group of corps not let anyone else knock on the door to challenge them?

Edited by papasmurf

a name they have given themselves the "G-7's"

Um... shouldn't they be the "Bb-7s"? :blink: :blink: :blink:

Um... shouldn't they be the "Bb-7s"? :blink: :blink: :blink:

fry.jpg

how would another corps get into this division? you can move from open class to world class... can you move from world class to "elite"?

will the bottom 2 members of the elite class be relegated and the 2 highest finishers in world class promoted?

but seriously, this is stupid. They know in any given year they can be beat, so they are trying to make it impossible to do so. Not by getting better, but by changing the rules.

... post only valid if OP is accurate.

it isnt about scores. it's about $$$$