The most underrated shows of the last decade

2007 Cavies: This was actually the last Cavaliers' show I enjoyed. I actually would have expected this kind of show from BD, but I thought the Cavies did it very well and put that nice Cavalier visual touch with some very awesome music.

2006 Spirit: Maybe it's just me, but this is the show that made me a Spirit fan. I first heard it when the Sevierville show was turned into a standstill show and they blew me away. It was an extra special treat to get to see it twice in Atlanta later that summer. Still one of my favorites of 06.

2009 Spirit: I feel like I might be in a minority (or possibly alone) on this one. This is another that I got to see up close before seeing it in the dome. I know it had electronics out the wazoo, but it was supposed to be a rock concert. Plus, you could tell that the members were having a blast putting this thing on the field for the audience. This was by far my favorite non-finalist show of 2009.

No Finalist show can even remotely be considered "underrated".

I wouldnt go that far. Glassmen Boston Crusaders Blue Knights and whoever switches that 12th spot I would consider underrated because only a few people care for their shows.

2009 Spirit: I feel like I might be in a minority (or possibly alone) on this one. This is another that I got to see up close before seeing it in the dome. I know it had electronics out the wazoo, but it was supposed to be a rock concert. Plus, you could tell that the members were having a blast putting this thing on the field for the audience. This was by far my favorite non-finalist show of 2009.

You're not alone. Thank you! :tongue:

I've never heard much talk about 2007 SCV.. I loved that show, like, more than I like SCV 09.

• Like 1

I've never heard much talk about 2007 SCV.. I loved that show, like, more than I like SCV 09.

edit: I'll go ahead and throw in BAC 2008 in there, liked it better than 09.

Edited by crazymello

A lot of the shows I see on here I feel really aren't terribly underrated... especially for a thread titled most underrated shows of the last decade

(though I was really happy to see Crossmen 2006 get a nod).

Some of my picks (in order from maybe not so underrated to probably off most people's radar)...

BAC 2004. People absolutely hated this show because of the narration but I always loved it. Some of the better pit writing of the last decade (which is saying a lot).

Crossmen 2000 and 2001. 2002 always shows up as a favorite but I honestly feel 2000's ballad is one of the best ballads ever and 2001's Fire Dance one of my favorite closers. Also, the bari solo in 2001 would be my pick for favorite bari solo of all time.

Spirit 2004 A show I definitely wish I could listen to more. Sonoran Desert Holiday and the rock out after 'straight outta compton' were highlights.

Mandarins 2005. I thought this show was incredibly well designed and it was one of my favorites to listen to until I lost my 2005 cds :tongue:

No Finalist show can even remotely be considered "underrated".

Agreed.

And this thread wouldn't be complete without a mention of Southwind's 2000 corps that placed 13th.

I love Blue Devils 2000 "Methods of Madness", but how can you possibly consider 3rd place underrated when you're up against two of the best shows in DCI history?

• 9 months later...

BAC 2007 "A Picasso Suite" - just an intense, driving show with an awesome brass/perc book! I didn't like the tacked on quiet ending, but other than that a phenomenal show. I thought it was cleaner than BK and should have gotten 8th.

Southwind 2000 - as others have said, best 13th place show ever (with an AMAZING ballad!). Great arrangements. Not a single caption placed out of the top 12 - the overall corps got beat out by the slimmest of margins.

Bluecoats 2006 - awesome show with incredible brass/percussion/guard and an cool drill program. I thought it was underscored.