The press release (from SCV's website):

http://www.scvanguard.org/about/news/news....3e-11fdfadcd250

The Drum Corps World article:

http://drumcorpsworld.com/articles.cfm?id=811

. . .and, as Jordan posted above, the now publicly available proposal itself:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/975367/Do%20Not%20...G7%20Report.pdf

And don't forget Dan Acheson's letter here:

http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=9...db-e743bb101e38

So I've been kind of a quiet observer in all of this and not really sharing my opinions until we had the facts but now we have the facts screaming in our faces and I can absolutely say that this does not look pretty. I am willing to admit that I have a bias towards the Non G7 corps (just read my sig it really doesn't need an explanation) but how anyone can claim that this is anything but a power grab and greed is beyond me. IMO this just looks like the first shots fired in a DCI civil war as someone else stated earlier.

Oh and I couldn't help but roll my eyes at this.....I mean really? "THE QUESTION IS NOT WHAT BAND PEOPLE CAN PAY FOR … it is WHAT CAN WE DO for BAND PEOPLE !!!" Page 22.

G7 Proposal

Here you go Bawk....let the fun and games continue.

Page 17-- "All agreements with large venues, sponsors, and partners will need to be reviewed. Championship is the most visible and noteworthy."

If nothing else, at least this is a step in the right direction.

Hmmm......Slide 5: "poor attendance". The heck, you say! I thought "ticket sales are strong" has been the mantra on here for months. Guess the truth is a little less rosy. On the same slide: "more corps than the organization can support." Well, that's pretty clear. Been nice knowin' ya, losers.

Oh, and for us alumni and old people, this nugget from Slide 23: "creating an audience or building an audience is NOT something to be directed to the public." It's for high school band kids. OK, that settles that.

So, I'm not saying "the sky is falling" but I will say, this summer is likely your last shot at seeing DCI prior to the big change.

. . .and, as Jordan posted above, the now publicly available proposal itself:

Oh surrrre, make it look like I was the one who leaked the proposal so Hoppy will come after me! :tongue:

That is not accurate. While it does imply the possibility of an eighth corps making AAA, the G7 have veto voting power over all divisional assignments. Furthermore, that eighth corps would apparently be expected to participate in the Friday/Sunday shows with no pay, as per page 36, only seven corps get paid for AAA events.

Incorrect.

p.35.

A corps placing in the top 8 is to be installed as a AAA corps for the following season. This is retroactive to 2008

Again, only if the G7 say you can.

Incorrect. While your assertion that promotion/demotion can take place in addition to performances, it's also clear that finishing in the top 8 gets you into AAA

False (open-class).

That's not clear actually. It seems to say that all the M-Th events will run as they do now.

Actually, it says the AAA corps and the three outside people would be the board. However, it also says the board would be 10 people in 2011, therefore excluding the eighth AAA corps from the board. Only the G7 corps and the three outside directors would be on the board.

Well my bullet was referencing the fact that corps not corps directors are members of the board.

False. Nowhere does it say the G7 handle all costs. However, it does say DCI provides "marketing and support services" (p. 36).

Same page "The 7 corps would handle these events as a cooperative managing all risk and all operations." Sure sounds like they're running those events.

Starting to see why some of us found this objectionable?

Well maybe you had access to the proposal earlier than some. I reserved my opinion until the I read the actual proposal. I *still* maintain that much of the activity here was/is completely un-called for. Had people simply remained calm this situation would have resolved itself in due course. No where in this document does it state this is (a) an ultimatum (b) the final version of the proposal. Indeed it is presented a working document. Items that were/are unacceptable are simply not moved forward. Items that seem promising would move forward. No need for the ridiculous behavior here (or for that matter in the board room).

And now that its public... boom goes the dynamite.