Official DCP G7 Proposal Discussion Thread

Ya' know... reading through the threads on this forums over the years, it's getting harder and harder to believe that Hopkins truly isn't superhuman. With everything people attribute solely to him, it's like he's Professor X with his mutant mind-control ability.

Sarcasm may work but reality is its all true and all instegated by him, his ideas, his visions, and his way.........You cant argue that.We have been here since day 1 watching and listening.

G

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sarcasm may work but reality is its all true and all instegated by him, his ideas, his visions, and his way.........You cant argue that.We have been here since day 1 watching and listening.

G

I'm not being sarcastic, G.

Hop is one man. While his proposals and visions and ideas originate from him, he alone cannot and did not make them a reality.

There's no arguing that.

Hop is one man. While his proposals and visions and ideas originate from him, he alone cannot and did not make them a reality.

There's no arguing that.

of course not, he bullys, and persists and doesnt back down until he gets what he wants.

G

There's no arguing that.

You underestimate his powers.

He is a dreamwalker and can make people do things in the waking world after visiting them in sleep.

He lives vicariously...through himself.

He is very powerful.

He is a dreamwalker and can make people do things in the waking world after visiting them in sleep.

He is very powerful.

No........not at all.

G

If this passes, I quit drum corps for good. They should just let us enjoy it for what it is, instead of making an empire out of drum corps

of course not, he bullys, and persists and doesnt back down until he gets what he wants.

G

So the rest of the drum corps world is that weak to let one guy rule the roost? Or is Hop kidnapping Gibbs' family and holding them for ransom in a basement somewhere to strong arm him?

If he is truly that powerful, persuasive and self-involved, don't you think he would've gotten into politics by now? It's far more lucrative than drum corps and affords a much larger stage of issues he can bend to his will....

You should come over sometime. I just made a fresh batch of Kool-Aid. :thumbup:

He is very powerful.

You may be correct- but he is not what I would term an "Interesting Man".

Some say... I only use the tune-a note option on my Kanstul Baritone Bugle and never press the valves..

Some Say... I tongue so far into the horn you can see the tip of it coming out the bell...

I may not be The Stig or the guy in the commercials, But I'd say I am more 'interesting' than Hop!!!! :thumbup:

Seriously though, you're right- more people have bought into this than Hop. He's just the focal point and lightning rod that everyone identifies readily with. Easier for people to identify and get their arms around something like this in that way.

So the rest of the drum corps world is that weak to let one guy rule the roost? Or is Hop kidnapping Gibbs' family and holding them for ransom in a basement somewhere to strong arm him?

If he is truly that powerful, persuasive and self-involved, don't you think he would've gotten into politics by now? It's far more lucrative than drum corps and affords a much larger stage of issues he can bend to his will....

You should come over sometime. I just made a fresh batch of Kool-Aid. :thumbup:

Hop is just the guy who doesnt care what everyone thinks, and is willing to take the heat by being the guy to propose all these things. There are definitely others hiding behind him that quietly support him, otherwise all of these changes led by hop wouldnt have passed.

I vehemently disagree with almost everything he's proposed over the last several years, but in this regard, i respect him. At least he's willing to stand up for his beliefs and be willing to take the heat from all sides, as opposed to some others who just hide behind him.