Who will blink first - G7 or S(sweet)16?

some would go to a show every now and then, esp if local. A few made the trek to champs at times too.

The corps I taught both attended the World Open prelims, Class 'B', not because it was a DCI show, but because it was the World Open.

There was no pressure on GSC corps to compete in DCI shows. We were pretty much irrelevant to them.

Love it...you continue to misconstrue what Fielder said and clarified.

No he didnt, and he doesnt......ever speak to Jeff about that comment ? I know I did, and know/knew excatly what he meant. Jeff isnt taking it out of context, embelishing, or any other faux accusation you can try and drum up.

G

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it didn't.

...again, have you ever spoken to Jeff about this? Or do you live vicariously in drum corps through DCP ?? Seriously, Jeff, myself, many others we talk to these folks, know these folks, debate, converse, agree, disagree with these folks , go to shows, travel, spend the money....curious, I dont think you even go to finals anymore, or do many shows at all....no, it doesnt mean you cant have an opinion, state, it beleive it and have the right to re-enforce it, but really, do you have a handle on the activity, whats going on, the "kids" out there, and what these people actually want, pro or con, for the activity ??

G

the link is back out there G, he can deny it all he wants

Thought I'd bump this up with this tidbit...

I got second hand (for what that's worth) knowledge today that at least three, and maybe four, BOD of the G7 were mostly unaware of the actual proposal and were taken completely off guard. In fact, some are still in discussion of their position and at least one has a board meeting coming up where they plan to introduce and discuss the subject for the first time.

Also, at least one of the directors found out about the proposal via the leak here and made calls to members of his board and to other G7 board members, and got :smile: in reply.

The suggestion is that several (many) of the new members of DCP are board members following up and trying to get a handle on what exactly was presented via discussion here. :smile:

Two major implication, IMO:

1. The path to G7 acceptance may be less certain than originally contended in the proposal, and

2. Don't discount the impact of the discussions of many of the G7 threads. Yea, the directors may enjoy our discussion of uni colors and rep, but they're here to get feedback from the most hard-core of the activity fan base.

Just sayin'...

Edited by garfield

Thought I'd bump this up with this tidbit...

I got second hand (for what that's worth) knowledge today that at least three, and maybe four, BOD of the G7 were mostly unaware of the actual proposal and were taken completely off guard. In fact, some are still in discussion of their position and at least one has a board meeting coming up where they plan to introduce and discuss the subject for the first time.

Also, at least one of the directors found out about the proposal via the leak here and made calls to members of his board and to other G7 board members, and got :blink: in reply.

The suggestion is that several (many) of the new members of DCP are board members following up and trying to get a handle on what exactly was presented via discussion here. :satisfied:

Two major implication, IMO:

1. The patch to G7 acceptance may be less certain than originally contended in the proposal, and

2. Don't discount the impact of the discussions of many of the G7 threads. Yea, the directors may enjoy our discussion of uni colors and rep, but they're here to get feedback from the most hard-core of the activity fan base.

Just sayin'...

Sounds like smoke up someones BUTT.. especially with the DCP statement or threads

Sounds like smoke up someones BUTT.. especially with the DCP statement or threads

Oh, I GET IT! Smoke up MY butt! Yeah, ha ha. LOL

But no. No reason to construe this conversation as smoke.

I'm sure, even if you may not be.

And that's OK.

Just sayin' I been askin' around, that's all...

FWIW

...again, have you ever spoken to Jeff about this? Or do you live vicariously in drum corps through DCP ?? Seriously, Jeff, myself, many others we talk to these folks, know these folks, debate, converse, agree, disagree with these folks , go to shows, travel, spend the money....curious, I dont think you even go to finals anymore, or do many shows at all....no, it doesnt mean you cant have an opinion, state, it beleive it and have the right to re-enforce it, but really, do you have a handle on the activity, whats going on, the "kids" out there, and what these people actually want, pro or con, for the activity ??

G

You have no idea who I speak with in and around DCI.

No, I do not go to finals. Having a wife who dislikes drum corps makes that sort of thing tough. I attend the shows I can, DCI and DCA, bring my band members to shows, and belong to my corps alumni association. I also go to 1/4 finals at the theaters now. And I donate $$$ as well and purchase souvies.

Well, then, I amend my post. You can try to deny DCI's past responsibilities. Good luck with that.

It's not their responsibility unless they accept it as their responsibility. And it's not retroactive. You can't say that because they have this or that program in place in 2010 it was their responsibility to have that same program in place in 1972. That's just ridiculous.

Never said you did. Since you bring it up, though, I don't recall you saying you disagree with the G7 proposal either. Just where do you stand on that?

I'm glad to see we both support DCI's growth-focused business plan.

My mind is not 100% made up in all areas of what they propose. Some parts seem to be potentially good, while other parts I don't agree with at all. No matter what I think of this, IMO much of the vitriol and outlandish attacks on the G7 directors here in DCP is way over the top, and hurts the discussion over the merits, or lack thereof, of what is being proposed.