New Unis

I like the Trooper's new uniform as a uniform, and I love the way the guard uniform matches so well, but I can't even begin to express how much I dislike it as the Trooper's uniform, if that makes any sense. If i saw this on another corps or a HS marching band, my first though would be what a snazzy looking uniform they're wearing. But I think it delves away too much from the Troopers look that they've had for so many years. As an alum, it feels me with pride to see the corps resurgence, but the more and more I think about, it's coming at the sacrifice of a lot of tradition.

Just an (apparently) old fart's feelings.

So far:

Cavies: Step down, but I still like it

Crown: Step down, but I love it...it works well with the gold horns.

Spirit: Neutral, but I like them. They are definitely unique.

Madison: Step sideways....hate them about as much as I hated the last uniform.

Troopers: Step DOWN, AWFUL!!!!

I love Crown's uniforms this year! I think they fit the show well and just look great on the field.

I also would have killed to march in them compared to the old ones. Finally heard from a friend on the line and he says they are amazing to play in compared to any other uniforms he's marched in! I'm guessing that doesn't apply to his winter line ones but didn't ask...

I personally very much liked Scouts uni's last year. Looked pretty awesome

To me, the Troopers uniform belongs in the same category as the Cadets and Boston uniforms from a few years ago. Yeah, they look sort of like the Troopers, but they're just not the Troopers. They're Trooper-ish....Trooper Lite.

I personally very much liked Scouts uni's last year. Looked pretty awesome

I did like their '08 and '09 uniforms. The only thing bad about them was the way the jacket bunched up... It looked messy.

Cavies: Step down, but I still like it

Crown: Step down, but I love it...it works well with the gold horns.

Spirit: Neutral, but I like them. They are definitely unique.

Madison: Step sideways....hate them about as much as I hated the last uniform.

Troopers: Step DOWN, AWFUL!!!!

Whereas my reactions run like this:

Cavies: Meh.

Crown: Ick.

Spirit: Ick.

Madison: Cool.

Troopers: Cool.

There are things I would change on the Madison and Troopers unis, sure, yet I still like them.

To me, the Troopers uniform belongs in the same category as the Cadets and Boston uniforms from a few years ago. Yeah, they look sort of like the Troopers, but they're just not the Troopers. They're Trooper-ish....Trooper Lite.

I'm with you there. They may yet grow on me, but they look... unfinished in some way right now.

Mike

I'm still trying to figure out why the two-tone thing is still popular in uniforms. Having two colors it's not the problem; it's when you divide it across the uniform, namely the pant legs, that seems strange to me.

I'm still trying to figure out why the two-tone thing is still popular in uniforms. Having two colors it's not the problem; it's when you divide it across the uniform, namely the pant legs, that seems strange to me.

It's Absurd!!

*oh wait...sorry...wrong corps and year...plus BD never did it anyway*