DCPI XIV Season Discussion

No photos for the next couple days' Dailies due to me being on vacation, but here's the skinny for where we'll be from now until Thursday:

Tuesday:

Lynn MA- New Manning Stadium

Tri-Cities WA- Lampson Stadium

Detroit MI- Wayne State University Stadium, hosted by the Unspecified Org.

Wednesday:

Bristol RI- Hope HS Stadium- all 5 rows of it!

Michigan City IN- Ames Field, complete with its new turf

Ft Walton Beach FL- Choctawhatchee (spell check, please???) HS and their wedding-cake shaped bleachers.

Thursday:

Biloxi MS- Biloxi HS

Toledo OH- Glass Bowl Stadium

New London CT- Cadet Stadium @ the US Coast Guard Academy

Portland OR- PGE Park

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol my college roomate went to choctawhatchee HS actually there were 3 or 4 to come from that HS to Southern Miss every year

I'm very pleased with the progress of all three VK Org. corps. As the regionals approach. we're limiting any changes and are just going to clean, clean, clean what we have.

Good Luck to all.

Mystre has just made a major staff change. Our program coordinator has mistakenly put in a change to early (you know, hit submit instead of update cost). This had lead to a major league visual to audio blunder and has put the corps back a few weeks (we are now competing with 132 points). Maybe the judges wont notice but I have my doubts. The firing of our program coordinator is the result and I have now joined the tour to assume his role on staff.

Edited by CloudHype

Oops!!

Maybe they'll let you compete in Open Class for a few weeks :smile:

I'll go ahead and post some stadium pics for Thursday's shows, since Galen isn't available.

Thursday:

Biloxi MS- Biloxi HS

Biloxi1.jpg

Toledo OH- Glass Bowl Stadium: Nice venue for a drum corps show

TAU2554.jpg

New London CT- Cadet Memorial Field @ the US Coast Guard Academy:

NewLondonCTCoastGuardStadium3000.jpg

Portland OR- PGE Park: Yes. Baseball AND football stadium. Let's hope the box is on the 50. And it looks like the general public can just walk up and watch from the sidewalk.

PGEParkpano.jpg

Edited by Galen

Mystre has just made a major staff change. Our program coordinator has mistakenly put in a change to early (you know, hit submit instead of update cost). This had lead to a major league visual to audio blunder and has put the corps back a few weeks (we are now competing with 132 points). Maybe the judges wont notice but I have my doubts. The firing of our program coordinator is the result and I have now joined the tour to assume his role on staff.

YOW! A very painful error... maybe recommend that coordinator to one of currently leading corps? hehe!

/runs off to kick an assistant, just because.

Mystre

1 34.100 23.800 24.080 81.980 0.000 81.980

Huh, some error that turned out to be - I retract my previous post! :thumbdown:

Just when I thought things were looking real good, my Lions get spanked again. AARrrrrg!