New Cadets Clip

I'm looking forward to seeing them this Sunday. I can tell already this show will need to be pristine. It'll probably be a love it or hate it type show.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, all this talk of pre-show. Is the suspicion that ALL of this is pre-show?

I really appreciate the loose-tuned snares, but what is that gawd-awful ringing coming from the pit on the downbeat after they reach center field?

Very very very old school is one way to look at it. I take it this is the preshow?

I don't think anyone has given any indication that this was their preshow. I watched the live broadcast, and there was no mention of this being a preshow.

I'm excited to see their show this year. The Cadets' have always impressed me, and I really like the concept of this year's show. Just seeing that clip get's me excited. :blink:

I think the Cadets' will have a decent season this year. :satisfied:

I'm looking forward to seeing them this Sunday. I can tell already this show will need to be pristine. It'll probably be a love it or hate it type show.

definitely. gotta get that double-tonguing down pat or it'll sound atrocious.

Wait, all this talk of pre-show. Is the suspicion that ALL of this is pre-show?

I really appreciate the loose-tuned snares, but what is that gawd-awful ringing coming from the pit on the downbeat after they reach center field?

Mallet instruments are making that ringing, vibes more specifically.

I wonder if the guard will dress in the uniforms of the corps proper. that would fit, plus some doll-like pink circle blush on their cheeks (guard only), and skirts!

I wonder if the guard will dress in the uniforms of the corps proper. that would fit, plus some doll-like pink circle blush on their cheeks (guard only), and skirts!

From what I read of the description of the show, the guard is supposed to be wearing the same uniform as the rest of the corps (or maybe a variation of it). Supposed to fit into the whole "toy soldier" theme.

definitely. gotta get that double-tonguing down pat or it'll sound atrocious.

That is EXACTLY what I meant. And they sure have a lot of tonging in the first piece.

Edited by 2000Cadet

Another live broadcast tonight. Full uniform, or so they said.