Allentown Arena

Yes...both performances will be judged. After the first judged performances, the judges will do some swapping and will judge a different caption. Scores will be averaged and the winner will be decided with that averaged score!

My guess as to how it will end up placement wise:

1. Crown 74.6

2. Cadets 74.2

3. Cavies 72.9

Okay if that's the rule, then we actually have three contests. I think each corps will win one.

Crown 74 74.25 74.125

Cadets 73 75.5 74.25

Cavies 72 75.75 73.875

Crown wins first round with a 74, Cavaliers really turn things on for round two with a 75.75, narrowly beating Cadets who also show a lot of improvement. However, the average scores put Cadets at the top even though they don't win either round.

Edited by corpsreps

Basic idea is this...

-All 3 corps perform and are judged

-The programs are explained by staff/directors to the audience

-The 3 shows are performed a second time and also judged

-Scores are combined and averaged to find the winner of the evening

-A local youth drumline group will perform along with encores from all Corps as well.

So people are supposed to pay top dollar to see three corps perform twice instead of 6 corps perform once? LAME AS F###!

So people are supposed to pay top dollar to see three corps perform twice instead of 6 corps perform once? LAME AS F###!

Looks like the lowest price point is $13 and next up is $23. $23 is probably too expensive for three shows viewed twice, but $13 isn't so bad. The $53 tickets are sold out according to YEA's website.

I would pay $11.50 to see three of last years top 4 on one night and then pay it again the next night to see them again so I don't have any problem at all paying $23 to see them twice on the same night.

I'm still not sure if I'm going yet or not though :satisfied:

I personally would be willing to pay $23 just to hear the three encores. What are you going to do instead? Spend $10 for a crappy movie? Stay home and watch Dateline NBC? $23 to see Cadets, Cavies and Crown is a good number anyday, if you ask me. If busses break down and only two corps appear, my $23 will still be the best money I spend on entertainment that week.

HH

Weather forecast as of Wednesday: High 87, Low 63 and 0% chance of rain....I hope that's a sign of this season!!

I think you have your answer....

Looks like the lowest price point is $13 and next up is $23. $23 is probably too expensive for three shows viewed twice, but $13 isn't so bad. The $53 tickets are sold out according to YEA's website.

Plus with each corps doing an encore (compared to the normal one or none), we'll get even more material. Personally, i'll go out on a limb and say cavies are going to do better than expected (most have them in third). People seem to forget how dominant they've been in the early season, even if they havent finished as well as they would like as of late.

Oh, and I'm going....in fact, the two allentown shows may be my only shows for the year.

Edited by euponitone

I think you have your answer....

Plus with each corps doing an encore (compared to the normal one or none), we'll get even more material. Personally, i'll go out on a limb and say cavies are going to do better than expected (most have them in third). People seem to forget how dominant they've been in the early season, even if they havent finished as well as they would like as of late.

Oh, and I'm going....in fact, the two allentown shows may be my only shows for the year.

We have really short memories in general.

You know really at this show it doesn't matter who gets first or last because for one the season has not started and second of all when the season starts its to hard to predict what might happen in the future... look at 08 or even 09 cavies were 2nd most of those two seasons and look what happened. I think the cavies are going to put us into complete shock this year. So lets put it this way... some one on Friday night is going to get third, and I do not think its going to be The Cavaliers.