Charleston, WV

why not just only score finals weekend...

Sure ,why not ? It certainly makes better sense to me than having a shows judged in a fashion now that will have absolutely no resemblance to the judging format panel they'll use later in the season. If these judging panels are not complete, in effect have less judges, with NO judges for some captions, like Guard, then these scores ARE bogus. They ARE essentially meaningless. So I say a) do exhbitions or b) do it right with prepared judging panels.

So when people say that " these scores and placements right now are completely meaningless ",... they have it completely right.

Edited by BRASSO

Right... he was only off over 7 points with Spirit's score... no big deal.

LMAO, that's exactly what it is. I think getting your panties in a wad over a typo in a from-the-stands score phone tweet is pretty silly.

Sure ,why not ? It certainly makes better sense to me than having a shows judged in a fashion now that will have absolutely no resemblance to the judging format panel they'll use later in the season. If these judging panels are not complete, in effect have less judges, with NO judges for some captions, like Guard, then these scores ARE bogus. They ARE essentially meanigless. So I say a) do exhbitions or b) do it right with prepared judging panels.

So when people say that " these scores and placements right now are completely meaningless ",... they have it completely right.

we'll never know who will win until the end

LMAO, that's exactly what it is. I think getting your panties in a wad over a typo in a from-the-stands score phone tweet is pretty silly.

I'm not bent out of shape at ALL over the scores. I just got a kick out of the fact that this poster had to work so feverishly to get the scores out to us, when it would have been so much easier for both him and us to have simply waited until he had clarity in the scores... then typed it in to us, given that it is a show nite when we've all pretty much agreed the scores and placements are absolutely meaningless.

Why the feverish rush here ?

Edited by BRASSO

1 Carolina Crown 76.600

2 The Cadets 75.800

3 Bluecoats 73.600

4 Phantom Regiment 73.500

5 Glassmen 70.300

6 Spirit 67.000

7 Teal Sound 63.300

from dci.org

Whats awesome is that 5 or 6 years ago this show would have been looked at as a 2 horse race...now there are 4 corps that came out with a competitive showing (with the 5th not too far behind).

I think parity will come to DCI.

I'm not bent out of shape at ALL over the scores. I just got a kick out of the fact that this poster had to work so feverishly to get the scores out to us, when it would have been so much easier for both him and us to have simply waited until he had clarity in the scores... then typed it in to us, given that it is a show nite when we've all pretty much agreed the scores and placements are absolutely meaningless.

I agree. I'm actually angry that boxing fred didnt offer to polish our cars also. It would have been polite if he had made steaks for us too...

Why do you bother Boxing Fred?

Sure ,why not ? It certainly makes better sense to me than having a shows judged in a fashion now that will have absolutely no resemblance to the judging format panel they'll use later in the season. If these judging panels are not complete, in effect have less judges, with NO judges for some captions, like Guard, then these scores ARE bogus. They ARE essentially meanigless. So I say a) do exhbitions or b) do it right with prepared judging panels.

1. The judges were cut from early season shows to save DCI money. (a good thing)

2. The whole point of judging early season shows is to help the corps become better.

3. If these shows were exhibition only, then maybe the corps would not have as much incentive to put out their best quality product from day 1. (not as enteratining for the audience)

4. The judges that are absent from early season shows are performance related.... so the things they would normally comment on, the staff probably already know needs to be fixed anyway.

So from these statements I deduce that the system we have now is a great compromise between giving the corps proper early season feedback, still providing competitive incentive, and saving the activity money.

I'm sorry BRASSO, you may not have been really "bent out of shape" in your mind, but you did blatantly insult one of our beloved drum corps fans by saying he lost all credibility, when he has generously gone out of his way all night to provide us with updates. :thumbup:

Whats awesome is that 5 or 6 years ago this show would have been looked at as a 2 horse race...now there are 4 corps that came out with a competitive showing (with the 5th not too far behind).

I think parity will come to DCI.

Last year at this time Phantom Regiment was a ahead of Blue Stars and Boston by over 5 points. They should have been in those early shows. There was no Guard judge. Blue Stars and Boston both had better Guards compared to Phantom last year. When the full judging panel was brought in, the true situation revealed itself.

What did we learn ? It all depends. We might have learned that when we don't have full judging panels, some captions are given more weight inthe overall score than they should have been given, especially when later on, one will find the situation dramatically changes when we have a full judging panel, and each caption is given t's proper distributive weight and proper consideration in the judged competition.

Right now we don't know anymore than we did last June at this time. As the scores and placements are indeed completely meaningless in the overall picture.

Well good, because I'm not bent out of shape over Drum Corps at ALL. I just got a kick out of the fact that these corps work so feverishly to get the shows out to us, when it would have been so much easier for both them and us to have simply waited until August when they had clarity in the shows... then played it on the field, given that it is a show "nite" when we've all pretty much agreed the Corps and Fans are absolutely meaningless.