Santa Clara Vanguard 2010

Reminds me a lot of the Copland Show, 98.

This is good news!

And I love the source music.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pictures from the pre-tour dress rehearsal are up on the SCV website. There are some good close-ups of the drum finish and the guard costumes.

Look for the "Pre-Tour Dress Rehearsal" link

I love the finish, but they'll probably just read as black from the stands. I imagine there's going to be some resistance to the male guard costume. Having seen them up close, I can say that they are much less "frilly" than the female costume (each costume is subtly different). Not dripping with testosterone, exactly, but masculine in their context (kind of like male ballet tights).

Pictures from the pre-tour dress rehearsal are up on the SCV website. There are some good close-ups of the drum finish and the guard costumes.

Look for the "Pre-Tour Dress Rehearsal" link

I love the finish, but they'll probably just read as black from the stands. I imagine there's going to be some resistance to the male guard costume. Having seen them up close, I can say that they are much less "frilly" than the female costume (each costume is subtly different). Not dripping with testosterone, exactly, but masculine in their context (kind of like male ballet tights).

The finish is actually exactly the same as their 2006 drums and the current (2009-present) SCVC drums, if you'd like to see them in better context.

Bartok's Concerto for Orchestra might take a while to grow on you, but like everyone else here, I really encourage you to get to know it if you don't already. I played it in my school's orchestra this year... every movement is great! I can't even imagine what the first and last movements are going to be like on the field.

CAN'T WAIT. I haven't ever been this excited for SCV (I'm showing my youth). :laughing:

Edited by TerpCorpsNut