2010 Rankings

And again we fall into the "You can't make everyone happy no matter how hard you try" category.....

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Instead of taking 11 open class corps, why not take MORE class A corps!!!! There are quite a few more "class As" than "Opens" and they only take FOUR??? Wuts up with THAT?

again they have rules. you have to wait till after this week. and they will not take more class A corps. that dfeats the purpose of class A. whut's up woth that???????

They are competing but there are time restraints to Sunday. Only so much time and so many corps before the start time gets shifted. And that can't happen by stadium regs because of the amount of reset time after the alumni show......

Haven't we been through this before? Not being sarcastic, just had that deja vu feeling....

I thought the purpose of class A was to allow the corps with fewer members to be competitive. What's the harm in allowing MORE of them to compete?

Correct ... I could well see a Finals in the future that featured 5 Open and 5 Class A corps ... similar to what the Legion did in the late 60's when they scaled back from a 10 Senior/10 Junior Finals to 5 and 5 ...

:-)

Correct ... I could well see a Finals in the future that featured 5 Open and 5 Class A corps ... similar to what the Legion did in the late 60's when they scaled back from a 10 Senior/10 Junior Finals to 5 and 5 ...

:-)

and the legion isn't around because?

This issue is far more complicated than just how many corps there are in a class... I'm sure there will be multiple proposals on the table come the December rules congress in Annapolis.

With the exception of 1965, DCA's had at least 10 finalists/members, etc. every year. It was expanded to 12 when there were a lot more corps, and then contracted again around 1975ish.

My guess is in part they want to encourage the A corps to grow and hopefully some day be able to compete in open. I really don't know if that's an objective of any of the A corps out there or a part of their mission statement at all, or part of their plans for the future, short-term or long-term.

I know some are content with where they're at, are stable and successful as an A corps, and that's also good when you know where your head is and don't get delusional, either. There have been corps that went to the next step and fell on their swords, too.

I thought about it myself- it's also a time issue. I have a feeling with the 9 corps Alumni performance and all of that, 4 is likely the most meat they can stuff into the halupki.

I'd like to see everything work out in the future where perhaps more A finalists take the field myself, but it will take some real problem solving and creativity to make it happen. It'll be tough to have the time in the day to keep everyone happy, and it's an imprefect world. We'd need a 30 hour day to take place for it to work out, I fear.

then should the same be done for A?

I still believe that, because there are only 11 corps, and Kilts, Scouts, mbi, Corpsvets and Renegades are coming so far at such great expense...put them ALL in the finals.....what is one more corps among friends.

Look guys... let's not invent anything... some of the previous statements are simply wrong...

The seedings will be released Sunday after Saturday night's scores are in.

It's not complicated... you are seeded by the highest score of the year in any show using DCA sheets (DCI shows count if they used DCA sheets)

There are NO EXCEPTION RULES...

currently Alliance is seeded higher than Kilties and Kilties are higher than CorpsVets - all three are not getting a score this weekend, but we can't speculate on the order of appearance as Kidsgrove Scouts must be fit into the equation.

It will be fun to see how this all shakes out on Sunday.

Tom,

Let me try and get this straight. If a DCA corps performs at a DCI show but the DCI judges aren't issued their DCA sheets then the DCA corps is basically screwed. Is that right or am I missing something?

and the legion isn't around because?

This issue is far more complicated than just how many corps there are in a class... I'm sure there will be multiple proposals on the table come the December rules congress in Annapolis.

... because they weren't needed any more ... they took themselves out of the equation ... issues are complicated but, you yourself confirmed that Class A is no longer an experiment ... the corps are split almost 50/50 size-wise and I'm sure that some Directors may promote equality in the Finals based on that 50/50 metric ... I hope someone does propose it ... it makes sense ... the Class A corps have come a long way since the first Chieftains/Generations/Heat Wave/Grey Knights days ...

Andy "not the Roo" Lisko

Edited by ajlisko