2010 Rankings

I should have said that as well....I have not spoken to any Kilts about all this...strictly my observations and opinions. I do remember in 1999 the judges' comments saying we were better in all captions then in 1998....but our scores went down in all captions..made no sense then or now

Comparing scores from show to show is a tough sell, but comparing scores from year to year is just silly. The Kilties may have been better in 99, but if the rest of the corps are 'more better' from the previous year your score will be lower. It seems every year the bar is raised, so each corps needs to be that much better just to maintain their scoring or placement.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Comparing scores from show to show is a tough sell, but comparing scores from year to year is just silly. The Kilties may have been better in 99, but if the rest of the corps are 'more better' from the previous year your score will be lower. It seems every year the bar is raised, so each corps needs to be that much better just to maintain their scoring or placement.

Truth in all your statements.

I use this only as a example:

But if the highest score of the year is used for seeding then it has mean something.

If MB had scored consistanly lower in prelims than in the last reg. show Do you not think the members would wonder WTF is going on.

Also let me add in point spreds.If x corps say is 10 points behind xx corps in all the shows they are heads up in,and then all of a sudden x ends up 15-20 points behind

xx corps at prelims,do you not think this would raise some eyebrows.

If you cannot factor in previous scores/spreds, why then even have judges?Do the regular shows as they do in football, all exhibtion and then let all the marbles fall on Labor day.

Or pick seeding placements out of a hat.

I realize corps have gotten better and the bars have been raised.

Speaking to current members of the Kilties they as a organization know they have to bring the A game. They as a current organization, are not looking back at the past. They are looking forward!

All my posts are from my perspective and mine alone if others agree or or diagree that is not relevent to me Although it is nice to have some validation.

I do not or have ever have intended to drag the Kilties or any other corps into a pi**ing contest.I apologize if it I appear to have done so.

Again I am speaking for myself.

PS.

Go Midwest

Edited by JCSeymour

Place - Score Corps (Last Show, Date) +- Score Change (Previous show, date)

Open Class:

1 - 93.400 Buccaneers (Scranton,PA 8/21) +1.637 (Cicero, NY 8/14)

2 - 93.225 Minnesota Brass (St. Paul, MN 8/22) +1.088 (St. Peter, MN 8/21)

3 - 92.300 Hurricanes (Secaucus, NJ 8/22) +2.250 (Scranton, PA)

4 - 91.638 Empire Statesmen (Scranton, PA 8/21) +2.163 (Cicero, NY 8/14)

5 - 90.863 Caballeros (Secaucus, NJ 8/22) +2.313 (Sranton, PA 8/21)

6 - 86.675 Bushwackers (Secaucus, NJ 8/22) +2.562 (Scranton, PA 8/21)

7 - 84.188 Alliance (Sanoia, GA 8/21) +3.213 (Woodstock, GA 8/7)

8 - 83.363 Kilties (St. Paul, MN 8/22) +1.863 (St. Peter, MN 8/21)

9 - 83.100 CorpsVets (Sanoia, GA 8/21) +2.700 (Woodstock, GA 8/7)

10- 74.875 Renegades (Paramount, CA 7/17) +1.575 (Corona, CA 7/16)

Did the top 10 and realized there is really no point in an update until sunday so I stopped. :tongue:

Scores shmores!

Have a great DCA, my friends! Enjoy drum corps! There is no drum corps here in China!

Scores shmores!

Have a great DCA, my friends! Enjoy drum corps! There is no drum corps here in China!

that may not be exactly correct... I suspect they have some... are you on the mainland or in Taiwan?

Don Paluh, DCA Photographer and Yearbook assembler par excellence... put the book together while in China for 4 weeks... So, if you buy a book and have a strong urge for egg rolls... you know why...

If you get bored and want to talk drum corps, dca@donpaluh.com - he can give you some tips and even speaks Mandarin... he'll be back over there VERY soon.

To all going out to NY next week.

Have a safe trip to and from.

Go out there have fun.

From a Guy who BLEEDS PLAID.

But consideres any one in the activity my family

hold on partner........we have some shows this weekend. let's get through them first.

hold on partner........we have some shows this weekend. let's get through them first.

Well then.....have a safe trip to and from the shows this weekend.

You have to remember we way up nort here are in a different time zone.

And adding to that, I have been accused of being in my own zone on more than a few occasions!

I just wanted to be the first to get it up on the board. :tongue: HEH

Edited by JCSeymour

I believe in 1999 the kilties appeared as the 11th corps....in exhibition.....in fact a trivia question was: "Who was the last corps to appear in a competitive venue in the 20th Century?" It was the 1999 Kilts at DCA

You know, my Royal Air friend, I was in that corps and do not remember if we marched in exhibition or not. One of those years was a cut off and they did not let 11 and 12 do the exhibition. Can't remember the exact year. I do believe the '98 corps was a stronger corps though, regardless of judges ops. See you at Nationals...I'll be at the 50 yd line lounge as always.

Edited by BigDale

You know, my Royal Air friend, I was in that corps and do not remember if we marched in exhibition or not. One of those years was a cut off and they did not let 11 and 12 do the exhibition. Can't remember the exact year. I do believe the '98 corps was a stronger corps though, regardless of judges ops. See you at Nationals...I'll be at the 50 yd line lounge as always.

yes, we did in 1999...I have the DVD. I disagree, Mac..........of the three years, 1997,98,99...I thought 97 was the strongest, followed by 1999....even though 98 got us in the finals....I thought it was less of a show.

I will be in the VIP suite for prelims