The Normal Nipple

I'm not sure I understand how Glassmen dropped from a 71.9 the night before to a 69.5.

Was it a really bad performance? There were considerable drops in Visual GE and Music Ensemble scores last night. Everything else seemed to be in the same ball park.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure I understand how Glassmen dropped from a 71.9 the night before to a 69.5.

Was it a really bad performance? There were considerable drops in Visual GE and Music Ensemble scores last night. Everything else seemed to be in the same ball park.

ANS: Because raw scores mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. As soon as you internalize that, you'll enjoy drum corps a lot more.

the french judge from the olympics judged ensemble. Or we can say Jim Joyce made the call. How about the refs that blew 2 USA goals in the world cup?

Video on demand is up on the Fan Network.

ANS: Because raw scores mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. As soon as you internalize that, you'll enjoy drum corps a lot more.

Very true. The spread from one corps to another is the only number of any importance, actual numbers will tend to vary a good bit. The first "accurate" picture you get IMO is the first show all WC corps compete together on the same night. The shows spread across two nights just can't be as accurate IMO.

Very true. The spread from one corps to another is the only number of any importance, actual numbers will tend to vary a good bit. The first "accurate" picture you get IMO is the first show all WC corps compete together on the same night. The shows spread across two nights just can't be as accurate IMO.

If you break down the score it its captions, you can infer some information. Looking at the total isn't necessarily helpful.

The night before did not include Crown, Cadets or Blue Stars. Judges had to leave a little room for those corps and they were not interested in giving out 80s quite yet.