Poll and Discuss...

It means Same Old Sh..irt! :tongue: And who would know that better than you? NOBODY!

Pat

But his corps actually beat Cabs so Fran might have different "Feelings" (speaking of songs you can't get outta your skull). In my case it's ABBAs "Waterloo" and my wife has the DVD of "Mama Mia" at home so I'm sunk. :tongue: Weird timing on songs ya can't get out of your head. Final Jeopardy question last night was "Name the father/daughter combo who had seperate #1 songs". A: Pat and Debby (You Ligh tUp My Life) Boone.

Back on-topic (kinda) - can't wait to see the shows....

Edit: Ironic as last night Kris and I watched some of the Buccs 50th DVD. Watched the show from the 90s when the corps was struggling.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets think for a minute. We are in a stadium and no corps on the field and no announcement. In the distance a bugle sounds. The crowd listens and after two notes are on their feet. What Corps could do that today? The Cabs are: two notes of Call to the Bulls and the crowd is on their feet

Do your thing Cabs.

Bucs raised the bar that is good for DCA. Sure people want to see a new winner, I thought Minn had a crack last year, then I saw the Bucs performance. It was a pleasure to watch.

The way I understand judging is you could play the same tunes every year and the judges are to judge what is on the field. Taste is something a judge can't bering to the table. If he can't fight his own likes he shouldn't be judging.

Fans are allowed to like what they like. I have seen Bush when I wanted to get a hot dog and I have seen them when I wished their show didn't end, like last year. No they didn't win, I didn't think they were going to but the show was so much fun.

Now back on thead: CABS DO YOUR THING!!!!!

I accidently posted this in the reviews.......

OK.....I am not entirely sure how to start a poll, but I wanted to ask the general public, and/or fans of both Reading and Hawthorne....

Which statement is more rediculous........

"The Cabs have been playing shows that are variations of Kershner's "Pictures of Spain" or "Malaguena" for the better part of the last four decades, maybe longer".... :tongue:

Or....

"The Bucs are ruining DCA"? :tongue:

(These 2 Quotes were taken from another thread)...

Discuss.......

Yes to # 1 and No to # 2. Are the Yankees ruining baseball? The teams whose ballparks are filled when they

are normally not. Every body wants to see the Buccs. They sell tickets.

:ph34r:

On a serious note (in G of course) I would say Yes to #1 (hoping it never changes in full)

and No to #2..How can any group that keeps ahead of the curve be bad for the circuit?

I'm sorry - If the Cabs went to playing music of something other than a latin theme, THAT would start the ruination of DCA..

The Bucs can play whatever they want, they've been doing it for years..But even THEY have kept a reasonably narrow band of late..and almost always being true to their history and just finding a new level to take themselves.

Those 2 groups have been the ones I have always used as examples when trying to describe DCA to folks who have never had the opportunity to see the best DCA has to offer..Hopefully as other corps get better and become more prevalent, crowds AND membership will increase across the board.

Pat

*** SIDE NOTE ***

I noticed that Mr. Larrie Dastrup has been lurking around this thread...Let me be the 1st to

offer my wishes for a HAPPY 50TH BIRTHDAY to one of the best soprano players ever..

Our very own DoubleHighEZ !! :tongue::blink:

You are now an official geezer Larrie - welcome to AARP aged dinosaurs.. :tongue:

What has ALWAYS made DCA so special, has been individual corps identity. We can tell them apart. I would be dismayed if the Cabs ever came out with anything other than Latin-themed music.

As for the Bucs, their motto has always been "Balance in Blue." That's meant "a little of this, a little of that, doesn't matter, we can play it all at a high level." Right now, they have a classical tilt. It seems to be working. At some point, the Bucs (for whatever reason) will face a deficit in talented persons willing to participate. However, that deficit will only be measured against what others bring to the table.

They'll not win a show at some point. Could be in the next few weeks, could be next season, or the one after that. Few (if any) of us posting here have any say in the matter. We pay to watch what unfolds.

What has ALWAYS made DCA so special, has been individual corps identity. We can tell them apart. I would be dismayed if the Cabs ever came out with anything other than Latin-themed music.

As for the Bucs, their motto has always been "Balance in Blue." That's meant "a little of this, a little of that, doesn't matter, we can play it all at a high level." Right now, they have a classical tilt. It seems to be working. At some point, the Bucs (for whatever reason) will face a deficit in talented persons willing to participate. However, that deficit will only be measured against what others bring to the table.

They'll not win a show at some point. Could be in the next few weeks, could be next season, or the one after that. Few (if any) of us posting here have any say in the matter. We pay to watch what unfolds.

:tongue: :tongue:

Very well put

As for the Bucs, their motto has always been "Balance in Blue." That's meant "a little of this, a little of that, doesn't matter, we can play it all at a high level." Right now, they have a classical tilt. It seems to be working.

Just call him Mr. Understatement. :sad:

Frank - you trouble maker.

The answer is clearly both. Not tired of Pictures of Spain, but really tired of several other of Larry's charts.

Reading is not ruining DCA - they're ruining my summers.

That's pretty much the definitive information you were looking for, no?

No problem. See you soon. :sad: