Lynn Mass State Penitentiary Bean Pot Show Down!

Both corps were there in exhibition. Raiders were a no show for reasons unknown to show announcer; Spartans were a late fill in, probably because they are within an hour's travelling time and were most likely together anyway for weekend parades. Muchachos were first corps on, even before Jersey Surf; Spartans were last corps on, right before sholarships/scores.

Thanks for clearing that up...BUT in all fairness how hard would it have been for them to add the Spartans to the list of corps that performed?

Must have been an oversight as usual? :thumbdown:

Glad to see this show back in the "City of Sin". That stadium in Beverly made Bristol RI look like DeKalb!

After seeing the scores tonite, I am absolutely giddy about going to K'zoo on Saturday (sneaking away from a family weekend in Gary/East Chicago, IN). I may need to rethink my decision not to drive to Minneapolis from ST Louis (9 hours is a bit much).

Lynn recap is one of the best looking recaps I've seen in a long time. Music, Percussion, and Visual placements were spread all over the top 4 corps. It's the remedy to competitive inertia (see Bruckner 8 for his theory). No corps - especially this time of year - is equally strong across all captions. This fact should be reflected in the subcaption scoring, if our judges are truly evaluating as objectively as possible.

Lynn recap is one of the best looking recaps I've seen in a long time. Music, Percussion, and Visual placements were spread all over the top 4 corps. It's the remedy to competitive inertia (see Bruckner 8 for his theory). No corps - especially this time of year - is equally strong across all captions. This fact should be reflected in the subcaption scoring, if our judges are truly evaluating as objectively as possible.

There's no remedy to CI. It is what it is. There's a certain inertia about "stirring the pot" during the summer...a pattern of "bones thrown." It will still come out in the wash, like it always does. Bloo has a very good shot at beating Crown in Akron...and then never again. All based on CI, and nothing to do with their performances (it is assumed they're very close, now and the rest of the season.)

[sNIP...a few more paragraphs on the justification, but it's so f-ing boring, and I've been up for 24 hrs!]

Yes i agree good point. It was a good show last night. Great weather, nice stadium, full house which was good for 4th july weekend. I thought the Kids worked hard and put on a great show some nice sounds and drill. I thought over all the top four corps are closer then reflected in the scores (IMOP). Have a great 4th be safe.

Up for 24 hours?! Bruckner, you party animal! I'll be you were on a 24 hour contrapuntal BENDER, right? You and your buds were out there, seeing who could write the best 3 part fugue...all between Schnapps shots, right?

Up for 24 hours?! Bruckner, you party animal! I'll be you were on a 24 hour contrapuntal BENDER, right? You and your buds were out there, seeing who could write the best 3 part fugue...all between Schnapps shots, right?

Hahahahahaha. Win win win.