OFFICIAL Atlanta Regional Thread...

Actually, I marched your beloved corps, so I'm not really a BD honk at all. I just like the show and hate seeing people dog the kids out and be a total jerk about it. I will read the DCP guidelines and make sure I don't offend in the future.

Oh, and I guess that means your response is no better than either of ours... same boat, huh? :hehe: hey, we are emotional creatures right?

they're not dogging the young adults in the corps, it's about the judges/designers.

sometimes you have to reach someone on their level. :P

And you have the nerve to call me out? :unhappy:

i'm just tired of all this, "ooohs and ahhhs" over nothing. their design isn't creative or stretching into new territory. it's a bunch of shiny objects with well placed guard. but ya know how much people love shiny objects. it's mediocre at best and definitely not this cerebral, ivory tower crap that people assume it must be.

well executed, yes...but just because it's perfect, doesn't make it a quality or entertaining production.

Edited by chaos001

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell me Dinosaurs, is this how post show bar and parking lot fights would start (pre-internet days) :unhappy:

Pretty much the same...but on the street or parking lot...as a DM there'd be lots of 'ok break it up folks'. Internet is a crowd sometimes; yikes!

Cadets got 7th in guard . . . someone's not going to have a good day tomorrow.

Yeah, I just saw that too. :unhappy:

maybe a bit of civil disobedience and vocalization of how horribly boring that show is, IS NEEDED to get his attention! it probably won't...but it's time things change. that show, no matter how sparkling, spit-shine clean it is, is the worst thing i've ever seen on a football field. and yes, i've seen the raiders play.

If you want to get Gibbs' attention, just talk to him. But, if you start with booing, he will just tune you out. I completely disagree with your comments about boring, in fact, there is more going on in this show than can easily be followed in a single setting. I can understand the consternation about the music (I an not a Kenton fan), the mirrors, and synths etc..., but relating to the boring comment is impossible for me. But, booing is just plain bad sportsmanship and childish. In my opinion, it should have no place in any DCI competition.

If you want to get Gibbs' attention, just talk to him. But, if you start with booing, he will just tune you out. I completely disagree with your comments about boring, in fact, there is more going on in this show than can easily be followed in a single setting. I can understand the consternation about the music (I an not a Kenton fan), the mirrors, and synths etc..., but relating to the boring comment is impossible for me. But, booing is just plain bad sportsmanship and childish. In my opinion, it should have no place in any DCI competition.

I haven't booed yet, nor will I. I'm sure as hell not going to clap or say that I think it's the best thing in the world either. However, if someone else wants to do that, it's their choice.

I was bored last night and spent the time checking Facebook instead.

Edited by chaos001

they're not dogging the young adults in the corps, it's about the judges/designers.

i'm just tired of all this, "ooohs and ahhhs" over nothing. their design isn't creative or stretching into new territory. it's a bunch of shiny objects with well placed guard. but ya know how much people love shiny objects. it's mediocre at best and definitely not this cerebral, ivory tower crap that people assume it must be.

well executed, yes...but just because it's perfect, doesn't make it a quality or entertaining production.

to you.

others disagree and do it without quite the vitriol, i think you'd even admit.

what's up with your attitude lately, man? you've always been so even keel. :(

Yea, I know. its just drum corps after all, its not the next coming of whoever you worship. But for those that like it, it's pretty darn cool. I think the fact its one of the first shows I have ever seen that use the props as the centerpiece for the drill and not work them in around it is very cool. I know its not totally groundbreaking, but add in some very contemporary jazz and I'm in. However, my evil side loves the beauty and elegance of Regiment equally well. can we say dark and light?

Lance I like your sig.

I haven't booed yet, nor will I. I sure as hell aren't going to clap or say that I think it's the best thing in the world either. However, if someone else wants to do that, it's their choice.

I was bored last night and spent the time checking Facebook instead.

Don't blame you at all, appreciate the response. As for best thing in the world, my favorite musical memory was the Navy Hymn at encore. As I have mentioned, I have never been a fan of Kenton.