OFFICIAL Atlanta Regional Thread...

i'm getting old and am starting to say whatever i think.

i'm not liking the direction that the designers and their shows are going. it is not the like the activity i fell in love with 22 years ago and it pisses me off that what some people call "creativity" is pseudo-intellectual ########. drum corps is passion, hard work, and doing something that no one else can do. the bandos have taken over.

so if you don't like it, they're not working hard and they're not passionate?

looks like they're working hard to me with all of the panting and stuff at the end of the show. and i know they're passionate.

and please name for me one show in history that nobody else could have possibly done.

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, cause they're definitely none of these in the activity today..... :unhappy:
so if you don't like it, they're not working hard and they're not passionate?

looks like they're working hard to me with all of the panting and stuff at the end of the show. and i know they're passionate.

and please name for me one show in history that nobody else could have possibly done.

the last part was what i was referring to the most (the bandos have taken over).

yes, they're working their butts off, but they're doing it like those in BOA or WGI. it's the focus that's changed and what i don't like. it's as if they're working their butts off to look like a better version of BOA...

i may not be wording this the way i wish for it to come across.

the last part was what i was referring to the most (the bandos have taken over).

yes, they're working their butts off, but they're doing it like those in BOA or WGI. it's the focus that's changed and what i don't like. it's as if they're working their butts off to look like a better version of BOA...

i may not be wording this the way i wish for it to come across.

i get it. you're angry. i'm getting there.

GE Vis 11th and 9th

GE Music 12th and 10th

WHY..Well ask the judges that one...not me...I did not have them that low...BUT maybe I'm a little biased....hard for me to filter out the love I have for this corps and look objectively sometimes... :unhappy:

My ONE suggestion if you want to call it that is PLEASE FIX THE HEART...it doesn't look all that great VISUALLY....It also hasn't really gotten much better ALL SEASON...

Please see Phantom 1991 finals at 6:05 for an example of a gorgeous and beautiful heart....or the second one they expand to afterward...

Please don't take this as negative..I just would really like to see this finally fixed

Could we end up with 4 blue corps in the top 8 this year? Interesting scores.

Also:

WAY TO GO BLUE STARS!

If the Glassmen put on this show of SCV, they'd get buried. Probably 12th in GE Visual, and the show would finish right where the Glassmen are right now.

SCV's drill is stuck in the 90's, but they are getting GE Visual scores this year that are indefensible, imo.

Brasso,

You my friend, don't know what you are talking about. (imo)

QUOTE (BRASSO @ Aug 1 2010, 12:04 AM)

If the Glassmen put on this show of SCV, they'd get buried. Probably 12th in GE Visual, and the show would finish right where the Glassmen are right now.

SCV's drill is stuck in the 90's, but they are getting GE Visual scores this year that are indefensible, imo.

Brasso,

You my friend, don't know what you are talking about. (imo)

Cavalier81, you TOTALLY called that one. While SCV has other problems this year, visual GE is not one of them. I think their visual design is the strongest aspect of their show, and there are a lot of great things going on visually in SCV this year.

But EVERYONE on DCP can certainly judge better than some of the most highly trained marching arts adjudicators in the country. Everyone knows the sheets and criteria better than DCI judges and has a better understanding of how to apply the ranking/rating rubric better that trained/experienced judges.

I seriously wish people on DCP would stop talking from a judicial standpoint (since most people here have absolutely no clue what they're talking about when it comes to ranking/rating), and instead focus on, "I personally do not like SCV's show design." Anything other than that from most people (such as BRASSO's above assessment) is just laughably naive.