Open-Class ONLY shows?

Wow, all those shows are nowhere near us here in TX.

Do OC corps get paid for any shows they attend? If so, what is the average rate? (Heck, what's the rate for WC corps?)

As for sheets- I think the Div I and II/III concept is in play here. Weren't they all judged on different sheets?

I was going to compare to winter guard, but in winter guard different classes get different sheets based on the expectations that members of the class (A class = training, Open class = intermediate, World class = advanced) display. I'm guessing in DCI that it's not the same concept at all.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then why not have the regional in the center of the country? Like in Indiana? Isn't that kinda why they moved finals there for 10 years? :smile:

That big regional in the center of the country for Open Class....is called Open Class finals.

That big regional in the center of the country for Open Class....is called Open Class finals.

I know, but... what's wrong with having an Open Class Regional that's seperate from Prelims/Semis/Finals, like they do with the World Class. :smile:

Are there shows that are Open-class only?

If so, do they appear on the DCI schedule?

This list is from the DCI schedule. All have at least six Open Class corps. A few have one or two DCA, Alumni or World Class corps.

July 10 Fremont, CA

July 11 Pleasant Hill, CA

July 16 Bridgewater, MA

July 17 Groton, CT

July 18 Manchester, NH

July 24 Warrenton, VA

July 31 DeKalb, IL-No link for info and tickets. Can anyone help?

August 1 Paw Paw, MI

August 2 Rice Lake, WI

August 3 Erie, PA

August 4 Eau Claire, WI-No link. Please go to: cvbrigade.org for information and tickets.

August 5 Johnsonburg, PA

August 6 Greendale, WI

August 7 Belding, MI

August 8 Dubuque, IA

August 8 Dayton, OH

It would be nice if there were more but 16 is still not too bad. I didn't check for dates already past so there may be some early shows not on this list. My connection with Open Class is the August 4 show in Eau Claire, WI. "Drums On The Chippewa" always draws a good crowd. Last year we sold over 1100 tickets on a day when it was raining until about two hours before the show started! Come out and see an excellent show in a stadium where the front row is all but on the field.

Wow, all those shows are nowhere near us here in TX.

Do OC corps get paid for any shows they attend? If so, what is the average rate? (Heck, what's the rate for WC corps?)

As for sheets- I think the Div I and II/III concept is in play here. Weren't they all judged on different sheets?

I was going to compare to winter guard, but in winter guard different classes get different sheets based on the expectations that members of the class (A class = training, Open class = intermediate, World class = advanced) display. I'm guessing in DCI that it's not the same concept at all.

OC finalists receive $1100 and non-finalists receive $700

I already have tickets to the Erie show. I'm very excited about it since it'll be the first all OC show I've attended with a big lineup with some west coast corps to boot. You always hear good things about what OC corps are putting on but never get to see them unless there are one or two in the lineup for a WC show. Plus, the way the schedule has gone for the last several years, the stops in and around Erie and Pittsburgh have been very early in the season before most of the OC corps are on the road.

This list is from the DCI schedule. All have at least six Open Class corps. A few have one or two DCA, Alumni or World Class corps.

July 10 Fremont, CA

July 11 Pleasant Hill, CA

July 16 Bridgewater, MA

July 17 Groton, CT

July 18 Manchester, NH

July 24 Warrenton, VA

July 31 DeKalb, IL-No link for info and tickets. Can anyone help?

August 1 Paw Paw, MI

August 2 Rice Lake, WI

August 3 Erie, PA

August 4 Eau Claire, WI-No link. Please go to: cvbrigade.org for information and tickets.

August 5 Johnsonburg, PA

August 6 Greendale, WI

August 7 Belding, MI

August 8 Dubuque, IA

August 8 Dayton, OH

It would be nice if there were more but 16 is still not too bad. I didn't check for dates already past so there may be some early shows not on this list. My connection with Open Class is the August 4 show in Eau Claire, WI. "Drums On The Chippewa" always draws a good crowd. Last year we sold over 1100 tickets on a day when it was raining until about two hours before the show started! Come out and see an excellent show in a stadium where the front row is all but on the field.

OC corps' are used as last resort plugs at WC local shows only if there are not enough WC corps' to fill the docket. Thus many OC corps' are getting locked out of more and more shows.

The 2010 listed OC only schedule sucks past July 11 for the all of the west coast OC corps'.

The 2010 listed OC only schedule "completely" sucks the entire summer for Revolution, Forte, Genesis, and Music City.

DCI already does a horrible job in supporting these OC corps'.

And the G7 want to discontinue "all" DCI support that these OC corps currently have.

I already have tickets to the Erie show. I'm very excited about it since it'll be the first all OC show I've attended with a big lineup with some west coast corps to boot. You always hear good things about what OC corps are putting on but never get to see them unless there are one or two in the lineup for a WC show. Plus, the way the schedule has gone for the last several years, the stops in and around Erie and Pittsburgh have been very early in the season before most of the OC corps are on the road.

We are proud to be hosting back to back shows!

Seats for the 8 corps August 3rd Erie show are only $6.00...................all the corps should be in prime form leading up to finals week!

Velvet Knights - Pasadena, CA

Legends - Kalamazoo, MI

7th Regiment - New London, CT

Blue Saints - Sudbury, ON

Spirit of Newark/NJ - Newark, NJ

Strangnas - Stangnas

Spartans - Nashua, NH

Genesis - Edinburg, TX

WC show the next night August 4th

Santa Clara Vanguard - Santa Clara, CA

Phantom Regiment - Rockford, IL

Boston Crusaders - Boston, MA

Madison Scouts - Madison, WI

Pacific Crest - Diamond Bar, CA

Pioneer - Milwaukee, WI

Teal Sound - Jacksonville, FL

We are proud to be hosting back to back shows!

Seats for the 8 corps August 3rd Erie show are only $6.00...................all the corps should be in prime form leading up to finals week!

Velvet Knights - Pasadena, CA

Legends - Kalamazoo, MI

7th Regiment - New London, CT

Blue Saints - Sudbury, ON

Spirit of Newark/NJ - Newark, NJ

Strangnas - Stangnas

Spartans - Nashua, NH

Genesis - Edinburg, TX

WC show the next night August 4th

Santa Clara Vanguard - Santa Clara, CA

Phantom Regiment - Rockford, IL

Boston Crusaders - Boston, MA

Madison Scouts - Madison, WI

Pacific Crest - Diamond Bar, CA

Pioneer - Milwaukee, WI

Teal Sound - Jacksonville, FL

Gary:

Once the Aug 3 and Aug 4 shows are completed:

Please post the crowd attendance numbers for the Aug 3 OC show.

Please then post the crowd attendance numbers for the Aug 4 WC show.

I am curious as to the difference in numbers.

OC corps' are used as last resort plugs at WC local shows only if there are not enough WC corps' to fill the docket. Thus many OC corps' are getting locked out of more and more shows.

The 2010 listed OC only schedule sucks past July 11 for the all of the west coast OC corps'.

The 2010 listed OC only schedule "completely" sucks the entire summer for Revolution, Forte, Genesis, and Music City.

DCI already does a horrible job in supporting these OC corps'.

And the G7 want to discontinue "all" DCI support that these OC corps currently have.

Where did you get the information that the G7 wants to discontinue all OC shows? This is not argumentative, but inquisitive. Seems counter intuitive for SCV and BD as they have open class feeder corps. As for the OC only shows, my guess is that between finals being in Indy, and the lack of a draw for OC only, the fan support may not be there. I am going to both west coast shows this weekend, but I bet that attendance is fairly sparce. Will let you know.