Akron, OH show, July 9!

is smoke allowed?

Duh, it's the Blue Devils :tongue:

I kid, I kid!

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always say, you can't only agree with the judges when your team wins and then think the judges are idiots when someone else does. REALITY CHECK:

BlueCoats are a very strong corps this year and CAVIES know what they're doing also so maybe CROWN needs abit more time to adjust to losing a center

snare but competition is fierce this year. I hate when a corps goes undefeated in a season, more likely means there aren't too many outstanding corps vs one

corps being just so phenomenal.

It was a good night for drumcorps. Now lets see whats going on out west.

Many people are attributing Bluecoats win to being in Ohio....my question is....aren't A LOT of the Bluecoats from Texas? It would be very interesting to know the actual amount of members that are from Ohio...let alone the Akron region. My guess would be maybe 30-40 at the most would even be from Ohio. I personally don't buy the "home show" boost. Lets all just face the fact that at TONIGHTS show Bluecoats were the best! CONGRATS BLOOOOOOO!

I agree! A little premature I would say.... The show was in Ohio after all! :tongue:

Interesting that you would jump to a judging conspiracy to account for Crown's placement instead of the more obvious and logical, "Hey, we just lost our center snare" argument...

I would expect and hope that you would feel that way. :tongue:

but the best thing would be for them to suffer their first loss at the hands of the Bluecoats!

You mean second loss. Tomorrow night will be the first and it won't be the Bluecoats in CO!

Many people are attributing Bluecoats win to being in Ohio....my question is....aren't A LOT of the Bluecoats from Texas? It would be very interesting to know the actual amount of members that are from Ohio...let alone the Akron region. My guess would be maybe 30-40 at the most would even be from Ohio. I personally don't buy the "home show" boost. Lets all just face the fact that at TONIGHTS show Bluecoats were the best! CONGRATS BLOOOOOOO!

Where is the CORPS home location?

FWIW I think its awesome to win in front of a home crowd. But I don't think the home crowd had much to do with the win :)

OK, so here's a ridiculously silly question to ask after being involved in this activity for four years...but what exactly does 'visual performance' entail? What part of the corps' performance?

The " Visual Performance " caption is what is referred to as primarily an " execution " caption ( as opposed to show integration abilities between brass, percussion, guard, or the level of complexity and demand, visual design, etc aspects of the show, etc ). As such, in simple laymen's terms, it is a) how well the marchers marched in terms of cover, spacing, hitting their spots appropriately, feet, head, instrumentation positioning, body control movements, etc and b) about a dozen other proper or improper marching techniques the "Visual Perf. " judged will be looking at to compare and contrast with others in competition... but the key phrase here in this caption is mostly " marching execution ".

Edited by BRASSO

Percussion

PR 17.50

Cavaliers 17.30

Bluecoats 17.20

CC 16.00 :tongue:

Crown's drum line was significantly dirtier than the other three. I heard issues I shouldn't hear in July.