Carolina Crown getting a little sloppy...

LOL Glory....Im not calling for them to be tarred or feathered either....its a vid with no reference,,could very well be the end.....We didnt do that back in the day, but many things today we didnt do back in the day. If it is bad, its only a blemish on their reputation, and Im not saying it is or it isnt....I like to keep my comments for what happens on the field....

I do think the vid posted of them playing "Like a prayer" is excellent and love the laid back feeling of it......

G

I totally agree about the laid back vibe. I like it, but if you're going to do it, go all out and don't make it look sloppy. You know? It looks half arsed, very college marching band-ish.

And no, this won't even be a blemish on their record, just something I found interesting. They're good kids, with a good group, and a great staff. It's not a knock on them at all.

Edited by Newseditor44

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL Glory....Im not calling for them to be tarred or feathered either....its a vid with no reference,,could very well be the end.....

Granted. One video. As for context, the only reference we have is the poster (to that site) who express his disappointment and makes no reference to this being the end. His posting and the sentiments he expresses suggest (SUGGEST) that what he recorded wasn't out of the ordinary that day.

Just saying. Also saying I'm still not seeking tar or feathers. I am disappointed and surely would have been had I been at that parade.

HH

PS: Did like the playing.

I guess things are much different today.

I feel if you want to be a champion, and remove any doubt, from when you step off the bus until when you step back on you carry yourself as if you are being judged because as evidenced by this video you are.

I have to admit I am a little disappointed by one of my favorite current corps.

I'm getting the vibe, for the second year in a row, that they're trying to be as "cool" as some of the big boys--Blue Devils and Cavaliers--who are known for their more relaxed attitude.

However, I think they took it too far. BD and the Cavies are relaxed while still showcasing the seriousness of the activity. I agree with most of the above posters--Crown knocked us all down to college (or even high school) marching band with this performance :smile:

Not to worry, Glory...I forgot to mention the little kid that started begging his grandmother to buy him a trumpet as soon as they were finished-and bless her heart, she did!

Not to worry, Glory...I forgot to mention the little kid that started begging his grandmother to buy him a trumpet as soon as they were finished-and bless her heart, she did!

Love it when music stores stay open on the holiday weekend. You never know when you're going to need a trumpet.

HH

Love it when music stores stay open on the holiday weekend. You never know when you're going to need a trumpet.

HH

Heh, you caught that too! :smile:

An activity desperate to establish its identity outside its base can't succeed by diluting that identity. That's what Crown did in this instance. It sacrificed an opportunity to win over some fans to its true identity, which is pretty good.

All our top corps can have fun on the parade route. But if they do, they're only leading the crowd to a different expectation of what drum corps is.

HH

While I seriously think too many people are getting their panties in a bunch over this, I believe the above post makes an excellent point. We constantly argue that Drum Corps is not marching band, but yet when this happens, some are okay with it and rationalize the behavior as "having fun". I can see both sides of the coin with this thread. But life goes on.

Edited by 2000Cadet