Who will win

I don't want to give it away ... but the witch melts at the end. It's a pretty well known movie, you should rent it.

is water illegal on the field in DCA like it is DCI?

if so, your ending could be...um...all wet :laughing:

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HMMMM interesting but if a JR. corps does this " Its NOT DRUM CORPS " preached by many

I really feel those that say it for one, say it for both. My hunch is, where Empire may get mercy from those folks, is that the shows aren't as...contrived...as those you listed above.

for instance..ok Empire uses props, and BD used the chairs. However, Empire is, hands down, far more appealing to the average joe musically than BD has been for years. Empire may tell a story like Cadets did in 07, but, they arent beating you overthe head with horrid dialouge like Cadets also did in 07.

A perfect example, and you can see my review from last year...Empire at prelims, IMO, blew several big moments with extinguishers etc by when they occured.

cue finals...and those effects happened in places that made MUCH more sense...and their score and placement reflected it.

it's all in the presentation.

ok if you think so :laughing:

I do. I saw everyone in both circuits last year ( in the upper classes) live, as well as all of Class A in DCA. While at times I think Empire may go too far with the "extras", they usually end up working out and making the show come alive. whereas with BD and the chairs, while I didn';t hate them, after a while it was like "ok, yeah you posed on chairs, you stepped over chairs, you drummed on chairs. oh wait now you moved the chairs and did it again".

I do. I saw everyone in both circuits last year ( in the upper classes) live, as well as all of Class A in DCA. While at times I think Empire may go too far with the "extras", they usually end up working out and making the show come alive. whereas with BD and the chairs, while I didn';t hate them, after a while it was like "ok, yeah you posed on chairs, you stepped over chairs, you drummed on chairs. oh wait now you moved the chairs and did it again".

and obviously worked for them :laughing:

and obviously worked for them :laughing:

different sheets, different criteria.

i wonder if either can score that high this week. that's a tall order.

to reach an 86.5...

7.187 for MBI off of saturdays DCI score...

2.597 for Empire in a week...

depending on how the dci score translates... yes, it is a very tall order.

or, off of bucs score from sat...

MBI - 8.475

Empire - 3.825

plus adding in the fact bucs have a show this weekend too and will probably score higher... those two need to score even higher. good luck mbi/empire.

Edited by skeptic

HMMMM interesting but if a JR. corps does this " Its NOT DRUM CORPS " preached by many

Not preached by me. If a junior corps uses props, electronics, etc. and does it well........ I'm probably liking their show.

I'm a "bells and whistles" kind of guy. :laughing:

Especially when they slip out of your hands in Harrisburg. :laughing:

Minnesota Brass is headed to rehearsal tonight and then loading the buses tomorrow evening. If all goes well there will be some tasty Interstate treats Friday morning in Ohio and we'll be rolling into Jamestown mid day.

As posted elsewhere, we're staying at the show site. We have also been graciously allowed use of the stadium on Friday evening and Saturday afternoon so you're welcome to stop by and visit rehearsal if you wish. Our tentative plan is for a 7 to 10 block on Friday. Saturday we'll wrap up by 4 p.m. before the show.

Carolina Gold and Sun Devils are at the same complex so you'll get three for the price of one! Come visit and say hi!

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...36288&st=24

Eric

Edited by MBIBari