Most impressive "reign of terror" in corps history

which corps had the most impressive reign of titles won and damage done?  

220 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the "godzilla" award for most carnage?

• BD 76-82, 5 titles in 7 years
    • Garfield 83-87, 4 titles in 5 years
    • Star 90-93, 1 title but dominated strongly
    • Cavies 00-06, 5 titles in 7 years (and second place twice)
    • BD 07-10, 2 titles in 3 years, strong for a third so far
    • BD 94-99, 4 titles in 6 years
    • SCV 73-78, 3 titles in 6 years, a true "founding father" of DCI

If you marched Cavaliers from 2001-04, you only lost 19 shows in your entire drum corps career.

IF you marched Blue Devils from 2007-present you've only lost 8 shows so far. . . from 2006-present you've only lost 13.

Both streaks are pretty impressive. It remains to be seen if Devs can finish this year off, especially since they haven't seen Coats or Crown yet, who will probably be their biggest competition this year (isn't that weird to think?).

so if BD goes undefeated by the numbers way from 07-10 they were more impressive right?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to not be a homer, I voted for Garfield - created the most long term change in the activity. But it was fun being part of that great BD run in the late 70's early 80's.

Thoughts and comments welcomed, I'm happy to tweak the poll and see where people think these mini-dynasties belong. :thumbup:

EDIT: forgot to include the BD 90's era and also Vanguard: the early years, any others would be appreciated if I missed any!

IMO

SCV 1972 - 1989 5 titles; only out of top 3 in 1980; and 4 straight second place finishes 1985 - 1988.

They were always in the hunt.

Edited by Joe Salvatore

Speaking of streaks, I think this one is also pretty special......

at the end of last year, SCV was among the top 8 corps in the world, for FORTY YEARS IN A ROW (including all of DCI's 38 seasons, and running)!!!!! Wow......

(In 1970, they won the American Legion National Championship, but are not listed at VFW....I don't think they

went.....they beat the Troopers earlier, who won VFW, so....)

GB

I didn't vote, it has to be BD based simply on the fact that they're on that poll list three times and everyone else once. BD has PWNed DCI far more than any other corp, and is in the middle of another run currently.

I voted Cavaliers due to the use of the word carnage!

The shows turned the attention of junior corps towards a drill first with music to accompany it ( IMHO this lead to the current abundance of snippety arrangements ) and the absolutely awesome guard work led to the infusion of WGI like program designs currently being rewarded.

I am not trying to demean these programs - they are awesome to me - just that they changed the focus of the activity.

In corps history? What about reign of terrors in pre-DCI history?

I'm sure both Garfield and the Cavaliers could throw some numbers out.