ExSIGHTment of Sound Houston Shows

You do that. You go ahead and count all your delicious negativity and bask in it's glory. Seems like it gives you some sort of jollies. Others, we'll just enjoy a magnificent show and politely beg to differ.

Really? Whose show will you be watching? Cavies? Cadets? :thumbup:

Large majority ?? Now we are just being silly..if the next q00 people post and agre with you, that doesnt even equal a fraction of the folks here..........

G

Large depends on your perspective...

Maybe I saw their reflections and thought there were more there than actually presented.

And yes, I can be silly......

Edited by OMH

Judges are too busy judging with the wrong side of their brain........ It's the other side of the brain that the fans enjoy and BD isn't it.

For the record, BD 86 > BD 10 I'll even put that to a ballot.

Not going to disagree, but again missing the point. It's the sheets you don't like and the judges job is to judge the sheets they are given, BOA, DCI, local band show, etc... DCI sheets are geared for things many of you do not want to focus on, hence why many of you dislike judge outcomes nightly.

On another note, BD 86 is and will always be my all-time fave, but that show would not win today with the sheets DCI uses. Love them or hate them, it's all the judges can go on at this point....

Edited by trumpetcam

DCI is getting the VODs up super quick this year. They used to take days to be up in the past.

Just a few random thoughts:

PR: Loved their show tonight. I'm often lukewarm with them, despite their obvious talent, but I really liked them tonight.

Cadets: Typically good horns and marching, but I find a lot of the show just too ......... cutesy for me.

Cavies: One of the two best (visually) shows of the evening. But, I just find "Smile" to be .....out of place .. it just doesn't fit right with the rest of the show for me.

BD: Visually the most interesting thing I have seen on the field in ages. I'm OK with the music, but would be thrilled if when they go into the big arch near the end they would suddenly pound me for 30 secsonds with a melody line that suddenly brings order out of the musical "chaos", before the closing.

Very very interesting season.

Look everyone.

1 Bluecoats 89.550

2 Carolina Crown 89.450

3 Santa Clara Vanguard 86.900

4 Blue Stars 86.350

5 Glassmen 82.850

6 Troopers 79.500

7 The Academy 79.450

8 Spirit 76.500

9 Pacific Crest 75.250

10 Mandarins 73.000

11 Cascades

If enough people all feel that BD's show is lacking something......be it...excitement.....melodic shape......a complete phrase.....whatever.. There must be some truth to it.

I mean THAT many people can't possibly be all getting it wrong.

It's not just DCP posters. We can assume everybody on here that has Fan Network has workable eyes and ears.

Those who watched the Blue Devils show performance, particularly the encore performance, saw and heard the Texas crowd's response when the Blue Devils finished.

The Blue Devils won by a considerable margin. They are now 39-0.

And yet when the Blue Devils played their last note in that Houston stadium tonite, the applause was like what the Junior High students give on their first day of school when the Assistant Principal introduces the students in the audtorium to the newly hired school custodian.

a yawn.. a polite 2 seconds of putting the palms together

That was what we all heard tonite when the Blue Devils finished their nites performance.

Edited by BRASSO

It's beyond me how any of you can make any kind of conclusion about a show from a video. You are essentially saying that the DCI cameraman is going to give you the best view of a show that took 9 months to design? C'mon...

Go see it live, make your own conclusions with your own eyes and ears and don't be "that guy". I know we won't all be able to see them live and I understand the frustration, but for heaven's sakes don't bash it if you are at home watching it on Netflix!!

All the members (of all the corps) deserve better than what some of you guys give them on here...

Edited by trumpetcam

Where do you get these metrics??? You don't speak for the fans! You speak for you...only!

None of us here have the knowledge or exposure to speak for the fans.

Yes, this is his opinion, but you do realize there are others who agree with him. You do realize that, don't you?

He may not be speaking for every fan that's ever existed in the world, but he's not only speaking for himself on this matter. Just like the BD honks are not speaking for every fan out there either, but there are people who can agree with the honks.

Why can't he speak his opinion on the matter without being shot down every time?