ExSIGHTment of Sound Houston Shows

Just watched the BD VOD and... aside from the fact that the audio and visual are slightly out of sync...

Did anyone else notice that the "FRANK IS AN AMERICAN BAD***!!!!" dude made an appearance tonight?

1) Who the heck is Frank?

2) Why hasn't he aged out by now?

3) Why does he have such obnoxious (but, admittedly, loyal) friends?

Oh. And good job, BD.

Yeah Frank was in BD when I was in Cadets in 2000. I think they'd better get the birth certs ready lol...

Just watched the BD VOD and... aside from the fact that the audio and visual are slightly out of sync...

Did anyone else notice that the "FRANK IS AN AMERICAN BAD***!!!!" dude made an appearance tonight?

Oh. And good job, BD.

To be fair.....he is in fact an American bad###

Does anyone even realize that the first thing BD plays in encore is Jim Ott's arrangement of the "Naval Hymn", and while other groups are trying to 'wow' the fans with tunes from lame pop artists, they are playing tribute to a DCI legend. Raise your hand if more than 2 of you on here actually knew that... I would think you guys that want "emotional" from BD should try listening to this sometime... Seen more than enough fans and FMM cry when this was played early season...

Edited by trumpetcam

Oh. And good job, BD.

1. A bad ### :thumbup:

2. Because he's a bad ### :doh:

3. Because he's a bad ### :tongue:

:thumbup:

On a serious note, when did someone scream that out anyway?

Edited by BCC99Man

Okay they have the recaps for the Dallas show. Why it's taking so long for the Houston show is beyond me...ahh well. Guess i'll go to bed and wait for tomorrow.

There's nothing very free-form in Devils' show. It's all straight ahead orchestral jazz, which stopped being cutting edge back when Lyndon Johnson was in the White House.

Now if they come out with an Ornette Coleman show next year, we'll be talkin...

I didn't mean to imply that BD's material was free form, just kinda out there sounding from what I've heard of the original renditions. It still would not change my friend's mind. Our local NPR station plays a good bit of free form from time to time and this particular friend is kinda funny to be around when they do.

Does anyone even realize that the first thing BD plays in encore is Jim Ott's arrangement of the "Naval Hymn", and while other groups are trying to 'wow' the fans with tunes from lame pop artists, they are playing tribute to a DCI legend. Raise your hand if more than 2 of you on here actually knew that... I would think you guys that want "emotional" from BD should try listening to this sometime... Seen more than enough fans and FMM cry when this was played early season...

Maybe try learning more about the situations in life before you emotionally react negatively. It was the best lesson I ever learned as a student...

:raises hand:

Maybe try learning more about the situations in life before you emotionally react negatively. It was the best lesson I ever learned as a student...

I loved Eternal Father Strong to Save......best part of BD all night! I just wish they woulda hit us with some Star Wars or Pegasus or My Spanish Heart or <insert favorite BD classic>

instead of a portion of the show we JUST heard......from a show that (IN MY OPINION) is not MY FAVORITE. BD can do so much with the encore if they chose to :) C'mon 5 minutes of awesome music.