World Class Scores as of July 23

Someone better close that hole. It's bothering me.

I am not sure why is is bothering you. The spread with Cadets and BD is now getting bigger. BD is just so strong this year in every caption.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You forgot *your* favorite option, Plan..

5)throw a little gasoline on it :) :unsure:

No, that's covered by #1. :tongue:

Apparently this CI " theory" of yours took a 24 hour sabbatical with the judges when they put Phantom Regiment over the Blue Devils in the 2008 Finals, after the Blue Devils won both the Quarters and the Semi's in a 48 hour period before the Finals stunning upset.

It did not take a sabbatical. Anything can happen between two former champions, and PR 2008 was CLEARLY the better corps on THAT NIGHT.

Keep trying.

If you want to beat BD you will (unfortunately) have to beat them at their own game. If a corps can match their level of clean, I think the judges will be willing to compare things other than clean. But so long as they are executing their program with fewer errors than everyone else, the rest of the stuff won't matter.

BD excels at the "how" component so much that it makes the "what" almost irrelevant.

So if you want your "what" to matter, you better execute it as well as or better than they execute their "what".

If you want to beat BD you will (unfortunately) have to beat them at their own game. If a corps can match their level of clean, I think the judges will be willing to compare things other than clean. But so long as they are executing their program with fewer errors than everyone else, the rest of the stuff won't matter.

BD excels at the "how" component so much that it makes the "what" almost irrelevant.

So if you want your "what" to matter, you better execute it as well as or better than they execute their "what".

This is the most concise way to encapsulate the essence of BD. "But, but, they perform so well, it must be a magical design!"

I can tell you right now I'm going to enjoy Boston more at Finals than BD, even though I'll be able to agree that BD should win it all, lol.

It did not take a sabbatical. Anything can happen between two former champions, and PR 2008 was CLEARLY the better corps on THAT NIGHT.

Keep trying.

When a Corps scores a 98.125.... and another Corps scores a 98.100, no amount of fuzzy math can explain away that somehow the Corps that scored a 98.125 was (as you said ) " CLEARLY the better Corps on THAT NIGHT " over the Corps that scored a 98.100. Not with the judges anyway. And your " CI Theory " refers to scores and placements, and these things are put out by the judges, upon which your theory was formed.

Keep trying to tweak that theory of yours, and watch out for that fuzzy math, as it can make things go out of wack for a theory faster than one can say " competitive inertia ".

Edited by BRASSO

It's wildly successful, but a formula nonetheless. And there's nothing wrong with that at all, until it inevitably becomes stale (as all such formulas do). :unsure:

Interesting. People were saying that The Cavaliers style was stale as early as June. Seems things have changed pretty drastically.

It should be noted that it's not just "clean" that matters, it's "knowing" the show in your bones and adding personal intensity. This allows the most important ingredient...fun. The thing that I get from the BD members is the confidence in knowing the show professionally and that they reach a level and start to have fun with it. This permits them to add, change and perform without the insane pressure of memorizing the formations and changing dot books. When it becomes that level of performance, clean is just a by-product. Without this level of comfort, late season changes will result in train wrecks.

This is the most concise way to encapsulate the essence of BD. "But, but, they perform so well, it must be a magical design!"

I can tell you right now I'm going to enjoy Boston more at Finals than BD, even though I'll be able to agree that BD should win it all, lol.

I agree here. We can count on one hand the number of times that the DCI Titleist is also the national audience fan favorite for that year. Only about half of all the most favored shows in DCI history selected by fans in various polls, won in the year that show was performed. Some came in 5th... some selected by fans came in even lower than this in placement in the year in which the show was performed.

Placements and entertainment value worth among national fans and audiences have very little in common it appears.

Edited by BRASSO