Say something nice about a 2011 corps/show

BD--Loved the fast drill when it happened.

BK--Great choice of music, I had no idea that British folk songs could be so much fun.

BS--Loved the trust fall/rifle toss off the balcony. Scared me to death before I realized it was planned.

Coats--Visually, the most interesting opening I've seen this year.

Cru--One of my two favorite musicals ever. Thanks for doing it justice. Bring Him Home brought tears to my eyes, and I really enjoyed the scrim/lights/death sequence.

Crown--Bohemian Rhapsody at the beginning touched me deeply.

Cascades--Excellent theme and use of props (thank you for connecting one to the other). That woven box was especially cool.

Colts--The Swan was breathtaking.

Crossman--Absolutely brought me to my feet more than once. Great choice of music!

Glassmen--I really enjoyed the juxtaposition of so many songs and styles. It was musical tapestry.

Surf--Libertango was some of the best fun on the night. I was dancing in the stands.

Scouts--You made me cry and shout. The chaos scene touched a nerve, and the ending brought healing. Thank you for going there.

Mandarins--I felt like I was in the midst of the story.

Crest--I had no idea you guys could move like that. It was like an encyclopedia of the best drill from the last twenty years of drum corps, and it was inspiring. Keep it up!

PR--I really enjoyed your setting of "Confutatis". Very creative, and extremely effective.

SCV--If I can only listen to one brass timbre for the rest of my life, it is your sound in the chorale toward the end of the show. Simply stunning.

SOA--Thank you for biting off a speedy drill. I've never seen such "spirited" movement from SOA, and was glad to see it.

Academy--As a choral musician, I loved your take on Lux Aurumque. Beautiful sounds and musical interpretations!

Cadets--Great visuals! Thank you for choosing a theme and interpreting it clearly (but also leaving details for us to figure out as we go). I really enjoyed the Doxology/Amazing Grace "war". Excellent staging.

Cavies--My thought process: "Is he ... really? ... Upside down? ... That's not possible ... But he is ... (speechlessness) ... (shouting so loud I couldn't hear anything they were playing) ... XtraordinarY"

Troopers--Thanks for great intonation in the "infinite" chord. (I really enjoyed the visual "pun", too.)

Jubal--Happy Birthday! I hope I'm having (and sharing) so much fun when I'm 100.

Alliance--I always love hearing Infernal Dance. Thanks for bringing it.

How's that for positive?

:thumbup: :thumbup:

I am sure all the kids will appreciate this post!

-G

I am sure all the kids will appreciate this post!

-G

My favorite is Boston i leave a show singing the pre show song. I love the colors of their flags and it is by far the best uniform for a guard thia year. The baritone soloist is without a dout the best I have ever heard brings tears to my eyes. drum has the most class i have ever seen. Bostonsshow is the most entertaining this year. WOW WOW WOW

• Like 2

On the Atlanta web stream, you couldn't hear the synth due to the mike placement, and so I got to hear the awesome mello feature during the Mozart Requiem, as well as an entire pit feature I'd never heard before, even at a live show. Hope I hear more like this in the future. :thumbup:

BD's show is my favorite by them in recent years.

Cadets are undoubtedly my favorite corps this year, and this is easily my favorite show from them ever. Just a fantastic presentation from start to finish.

Every year I swear there is no possible way the Cavies can top what they did the year prior. And each year they prove me wrong. The latest drill additions have my jaw even further into the ground.

Crown continues to be one of my all time favs. I was a bit skeptical at the start, but the hornline does me in for good. Gotta admire them.

PR=favorite corps. Show is #2 to Cadets. This show is classic Regiment. Inspiration through beauty, huge heart. Definitely the show I'm looking most forward to seeing in Indy.

I wasn't ever hooked on Madison so much until this year. The closer gets me going too. Great stuff.

BK is my sentimental favorite. I'm a sucker for those english folk tunes.

Oh, and Academy has a really booming show too.

I mentioned this already in a Boston thread....Here is what I specifically love about Boston's show...

• The whistling and singing pre-show sets the tone of the show really well...
  • The opening musical moment and drill set of the in your face drum corps reminds me of the traditional past...
  • Use of silks by the guard in the show opener is outstanding...
  • I think all of Boston's silks and colors are magnificent...
  • I think the theme is very easily accessible and conveys itself really well...you don't need a libretto to understand it...
  • I enjoy the wonderful music ensemble balance and blend between the brass and percussion. I was amazed by this in and of itself...
  • I like the interweaving arrangement's of both Les Miz and 1812 throughout...Conveys the theme of "revolution" really well...
  • I even dig the bando moment of "Land of 1000 Dances"...gets my blood pumping...
  • The visual program has good build and resolve with the music. It actually makes visual sense and doesn't look like an afterthought...
  • I love the corps endzone split with the battery and brass...
  • The baritone soloist is absolutely incredible...It is a very emotional musical moment...

staying away from this place for a few months...please don't let this thread die.

i don't know if i've mentioned every corps on here, but i just want to say how amazing they all are. hope finals week is the best ever for all members.