Say something nice about a 2011 corps/show

Blue Star's mello line makes me want to play mello because their parts are INSANE.

When I first saw Pioneer, the opening impact kind of scared me because I did not expect that at all.

Phantom Regiment's opener makes me want to tear up because it's freaking beautiful.

Pacific Crest's beginning statement made me smile because I knew I was in for a heck of a show.

Cadet's herald trumpets in the beginning are amazing. It doesn't sound like they are a young corps to me.

Mandarins making a very catchy groove during their drum break. I couldn't help but head bop.

Academy's many impacts in their show. Ahh..... I wish it lasted forever :D

Carolina Crown's brass run. I couldn't help but think "Holy #### I can't even think that fast."

Bluecoat's contra feature and the build up before that. One of the best DCI moments ever. EVERRRRRR :D

Madison Scout's opener of course and their trumpet soloist in Rhapsody in Blue make me feel like I traveled back in time and I'm listening to an early season 80's Madison Scouts camp[: I have a feeling that in a couple of more years, the Madison Scout's will be a continuous fan favorite.

SCV's baritones are just amazing. Please teach me baritone. :D

Blue Devils visual program is just outstanding!

This works!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hmm . . .

If Crown's 2010 horn book was a woman, it would be Christina Hendricks. :satisfied:

Hmmm . . .where to go with this . . .

If Crown's 2011 horn book was a woman, it would be Susanna Hoffs. Classically beautiful, yet still able to rock.

:tongue:

Hmmm . . .where to go with this . . .

If Crown's 2011 horn book was a woman, it would be Susanna Hoffs. Classically beautiful, yet still able to rock.

:tongue:

nice, bawker. how did i miss the 2010 reference to the red headed wonder from firefly and mad men?

The variety of the shows this year is pretty amazing. So far, I have only seen the shows on the west coast, but each show is unique, and very different than the others.

SCV: Dark, but then they run people around the field... and the ending is really visually good.

Cadets: Turning the entire horn line into guard with them twirling swords. Great Moment.

BD: Love the music this year.

Blueknights: Had to miss them due to other duties, but I enjoyed the music from a distance.

Open Class,

BDB's show is really really good. Hope they can clean it up.

SCVC: Very strong again, as usual. Should be very clean in another month.

BDC: Cutesy. Corp seems a little older this year, but very fun.

VK: Baseball in a football stadium? Fun again..

Revolution: Great look and huge corp! Liked them a lot. Should be a lot of fun later.

• Like 1

SCV has a beautifully written show this year, both musically and visually. The two components are as well suited to each other as I've seen in a long time. And I absolutely love the ballad and the ending of the show.

I was blown away by the improvement in PR's horns from the Houston opener to the Denver show.

Big, HUGE sound and lush tones and chords. Elsa's just reduced me to tears (except for the cut time in the last 8 bars or so - should have bled it at 80 bpm right to the end! Elsa didn't run up to the alter...)

Edited by garfield