BD vs Cadets in visual

Stop the madness !!! All of the top groups have demand and high levels of resposibility on its marching members !

Field Visual ---- Judge the achievement of individual's vocabulary and the technique used by each member through sampling .

Ensemble Visual----- Judge the achievement of the visual composition -( orchestration of the elements ) and the Achievement of the ensemble excellence of the compostion .

GE -- Judge the effectiveness of the Repertoire ( The whole body of items that are regularly performed ) And the members ability to communicate said repertoire ...... Not to judge the actual Repertoire which is what many fans do .

Always judging the "WHAT " the performers are given to do and the ability of the performers " HOW " they do it !

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently not, if a corps cand stand still for extended periods of time and break ranks and just scramble from one set to another at least a half dozen times in their show.

i had to laugh because i so agree with this...so many times the one who supposedly is marching with such superior form isnt MARCHING at all but just running randomly out of step to get to the next formation----um thats not impressive or clean to me

Simple. BD is better - in every catagory.

Uh, yea. We should just accept that.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but can someone explain to me how BD is beating Cadets in Visual by over a point? I can see the color guard pushing the spread a bit, but from a marching standpoint, Cadets have BD beat (IMO of course). BD's show doesn't have nearly the demand Cadets show does. What exactly are the judges looking for? Does marching even count anymore or should we need even try?

....or Cavies for that matter. The guard is good, but not that good. :thumbup:

Perhaps I'm missing something, but can someone explain to me how BD is beating Cadets in Visual by over a point? I can see the color guard pushing the spread a bit, but from a marching standpoint, Cadets have BD beat (IMO of course). BD's show doesn't have nearly the demand Cadets show does. What exactly are the judges looking for? Does marching even count anymore or should we need even try?

I think this is a valid discussion, but the problem Newseditor44 (as usual) is your "loaded" approach. It's a little like the judge saying on the first day of the trial... "OK Bailiff, bring in the guilty party!"

I think this is a valid discussion, but the problem Newseditor44 (as usual) is your "loaded" approach. It's a little like the judge saying on the first day of the trial... "OK Bailiff, bring in the guilty party!"

I can agree with that.

It's ok, Blue Devils fans don't believe these people that dislike BD's show exist, so they won't notice this thread. :thumbup:

haha AWESOME!!! funny thing is i dont even hate blue devils---there is actually only a hand full of corps i dont like and only one of them is in top 12...but that doesnt mean i cant believe a given show of theirs should not win! i get supporting your corps but i also understand being in touch with reality

However the drill demand is much higher than BDs for a few reasons. First the Cadets move much more consistently then BD. I think if you took a stopwatch to how much the BD hornline stands still compared to Cadets, I would estimate that the Cadets move for a full minute to minute thirty more than BD. (although it is not as easy to measure this as it was last year) Also the Cadets drill is more progressive in the fact that one form moves to the next, all while excellent staging and accommodations for the herald trumpets, soloists etc to blend in and out of the drill are taken into effect. Also the cadets drill does not segregate sections as much as BD (or cavies and Bluecoats I would add as well). The hornline form seems to move in tandem regardless of instrumentation. I am not saying that doing that makes drill more or less difficult (except when referring to BDs contra section), However I personally think it is more interesting and shows more innovation on the part of the drill writer.

Not getting into the "who has it harder" debate. Just gonna note that some of the concerns you're raising are Effect concerns, not necessarily performance concerns.

I can agree with that.

NO NO NO! Cadets and Blue Devils can not agree! The cannot coexist! What's next? Cats and dogs living together? Israelis and Palestinians holding hands and sharing a falafel? :thumbup:

Disgusting :doh:

NO NO NO! Cadets and Blue Devils can not agree! The cannot coexist! What's next? Cats and dogs living together? Israelis and Palestinians holding hands and sharing a falafel? :thumbup:

Disgusting :doh:

Looks like oil and water DOES mix.