Showdown in SA-Town

i'm not sure. when's the last time a corps not in the top 3 won a caption?

I think SCV had a three way tie for high percussion in '91 and they ended up in fourth.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think SCV had a three way tie for high percussion in '91 and they ended up in fourth.

Nothing was quite as brutal as when the 1977 Oakland Crusaders took high drums in prelims and failed to make finals. That is likely a record that will NEVER be broken!

It's been a good 3 days for the G-7... all their scores went up pretty much as a group.

Not so good for the non G -7.............all their scores went down pretty much as a group.

Troopers have gone up 2.50 points in the last 3 days. :tongue: They started the Texas swing with a score of 77.35 and finished it last night in San Antonio with a 79.85. They are hot right now and only going to get hotter. Look out top 12.

Yeah, I am a Honk so what do you expect?

Cadets took guard in 89 and 91 while the corps finished 5th and 6th, respectively. BD took (or tied in) brass in 91 and 93 while the corps finished 5th and 4th, respectively. Spirit took guard one year in the late 80s while the corps finished no higher than 6th...

I think the idea that BD may be stalling at 92.whatever is at least worth consideration. Not hating, really, just looking at the scores from this past week.

The corps last five shows were the following: 92.3. 92.45, 92.00, 91.150. Compare that to Cadets: 90.50, 89.00, 89.550, 88.8, 87.350. What a difference a week makes for both corps.

No hating back atcha!

But, what is the difference you're talking about?

And just to clarify, BD & Cadets have gone down once, while Cavaliers, Crown, & Bluecoats have gone down twice.

What is the point you're trying to make?

Interesting, but I have a very different impression. My sense is that while there is a small but very vocal collection of BD die-hards who will attack anything on this board that isn't pro-Devils (if you watch, you'll see the same screen names over and over again), I've found most posters here to be lukewarm if not negatively disposed to BDs 2010 offering. I think you'll hear the same roar of approval from the crowd we heard in 2008 if someone (anyone really) can step up and beat Devils at finals.

Just like the therapy cabal that come on DCP each year to start something (anything really) against BD...If you watch, you'll see the same screen names over and over again! :tongue:

Eat Em Up Boston!!!

hey all! sorry no one really posted last night, but i will definitely try to pick up the ball night 2! :tongue:

Go, BD!