Cavaliers announcer intro at Houston

Last night in Houston the show announcer was Brad Bell (who I think does a great job), but the "official" introduction of the Cavies was done by Dan Potter.

I thought Potter was announcing the shows in Dallas, but I'm not positive on that.

Anyone know if the Cavies have figured out that if they want the timing perfect on going from pre-show to actual show...record it and play it through their own sound system by pressing a computer key........ OR was Dan Potter actually there?

If it was recorded, has that been done before? Could lead to some interesting introductions by using some well known celebrity voices (James Earl Jones, Bruce Springsteen, ARNOLD, etc) to go along with show themes.

I sure wouldn't want to lose hearing Brandt Crocker saying "On the field, from....", but the celeb voice could be interesting.

Last night in Houston the show announcer was Brad Bell (who I think does a great job), but the "official" introduction of the Cavies was done by Dan Potter.

I thought Potter was announcing the shows in Dallas, but I'm not positive on that.

Anyone know if the Cavies have figured out that if they want the timing perfect on going from pre-show to actual show...record it and play it through their own sound system by pressing a computer key........ OR was Dan Potter actually there?

If it was recorded, has that been done before? Could lead to some interesting introductions by using some well known celebrity voices (James Earl Jones, Bruce Springsteen, ARNOLD, etc) to go along with show themes.

I sure wouldn't want to lose hearing Brandt Crocker saying "On the field, from....", but the celeb voice could be interesting.

It was a recording... Trust me I was sitting up in the stands and I was confused for a second too. But I don't blame them for doing that because Dan Potter has an epic voice.

It was a recording... Trust me I was sitting up in the stands and I was confused for a second too. But I don't blame them for doing that because Dan Potter has an epic voice.

Yes he does!!

I guess the rules allow for that. If it were me I'd be contracting with Brandt for a highly produced sample of epic proportions!

I was actually thinking about how this annoucment in certain pre-shows can have such impact. And yet you are leaving it up to the local radio DJ announcing at the Skadinkyville show to deliver it.

Bravo Cavies :thumbup:

Yes, Dan Potter was announcing in Dallas last night. He had a funny moment where he mispronounced "association", jokingly declared that anyone who could pronounce it correctly could announce for the rest of the show, then sighed audibly before continuing his spiel.

Edited by JayM

I noticed that, but didn't think anything of it at the time. Great point, and great observation.

Or cavies pre-show could be a celebrity death match between Brandt Crocker & Dan Potter.

The winner gets to announce the corps.

Show design.... I've definitely missed a calling there. :tongue: