Atlanta Regional Order

Random draw and BD still got last?? Lucky sons of bees. :)

Cadets got a bit of a screwing though. Gonna be rough to break into 90 with that one...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best slot of the draw goes to Bluecoats. Love SCV but their show is not exactly big GE material this year.

all part time touring corps should go on first..

or take a 0 for Kalamazoo , Denver , one or the other and San Antonio.

Its ok to do a part time tour but full touring corps should get a advantage.

World Class is World Class. if the other corps agree to it, then it is what it is

It seems kinda strange that by doing a random draw, 3 - 6 turned out the way it did but just by happenstance the top 3 are in EXACT order!! I dont buy that. Seems like there should be a draw for the complete show or at least a bigger grouping say by 6's. Some corps get all the luck!

I really don't think that Glassmen's closest competition is Academy and Troop, but really Madison and BK, and sadly we haven't seen Madison and G-men at the same competition in quite some time. The gap between BK and the G-men is starting to shrink. However, There have been some weird scores in the recaps on both sides.

I agree, except BK might be a little out of their reach. And G-men did edge out Madison at San Antonio. It was on a different night, but still.

It seems kinda strange that by doing a random draw, 3 - 6 turned out the way it did but just by happenstance the top 3 are in EXACT order!! I dont buy that. Seems like there should be a draw for the complete show or at least a bigger grouping say by 6's. Some corps get all the luck!

I think randomizing groups of 6's would be great.

Perhaps if a corps misses the regional that seedings were determined at, that corps should go on first.

So if the Devils go to Europe or The Cadets play at the olympics and miss a regional, they would go on first also? Doubt it. Surf plays by the rules and tours smartly. In addition, the rules were voted on by DCI directors. I applaud the part-time or limited touring groups.

I really don't think that Glassmen's closest competition is Academy and Troop, but really Madison and BK, and sadly we haven't seen Madison and G-men at the same competition in quite some time. The gap between BK and the G-men is starting to shrink. However, There have been some weird scores in the recaps on both sides.

Just because your happy that Madison decided to unimaginative in bringing back old music doesn't mean you should approach the other corps that have deeper more thought provoking shows with your mind closed. Just because you may feel that a corps has been boring in past performances, doesn't mean you should run to the concession stand. You may be pleasantly surprised or ... not.

I personally think that this placement favors the G-men unlike having to perform before Intermission and Trooper for so many nights out west, and they were often in that order.

Wow you really read a lot into my post huh? :blink: Spell check is your friend - check into it! :bigsmile:

Also I generally really like what the Glassmen put out. This year is a step below their last few efforts and they are substantially less entertaining than the Scouts this year. . I think unimaginative is an odd word for one of the best staffs in drum corps but whatever floats your boat.

Edited by SFZFAN

If they are going to random draw they should random draw the entire show and not little groupings. Other than that I say leave it to prior earned performance order.