Sorry but no one will catch BD

August 14, Indianapolis

In first place with a score of 98.965, from Concord, California, The Blue Devils.

We are 19 days away from finals. 19 days away from naming the 2010 DCI Champion. I am sorry to announce the results so soon however, I can no longer ignore the obvious. BD’s are points ahead of the other top 5 and are winning all captions. Like there show or not, this year’s show will not get stale or peak too early. For whatever reason, the judging community loves what they are doing and how they are doing it. And the 2010 Blue Machine may be the best all around group the have ever put on the field

No one will catch them and it’s even doubtful they will get much closer.

Perhaps you disagree (I hope) If so please tell us which Corps will catch them and more importantly how they will catch them. Be specific. IE they will make up .6 in drums, .3 in brass etc, etc. Please dont use examples from previous years (Crops X was Y behind and caught Corps Z Bla Bla Bal) Yes I know it has happened. We are only talking about 2010 here.

Have fun

SCV Homer

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sigh....I agree. I saw BD early in the season and they just looked so much stronger than any other corps I'd ever seen that early in the season. There's a level there that no other corps is going to achieve. Blue Devils are doing some awesome stuff this year and they're doing it very very well!

My only gripe with BD this year is that if they weren't competing, this season would actually be really really freakin' exciting!

Cavies got the best shot.

Slim though.

Whatever. I'll cheer for the shows I like.

Agree, Cavaliers have the best shot, but I don't think they will catch BD.

I can't wait to go to Finals, though. I've never been, and it's going to be so exciting no matter what happens!

As far as the shows are concerned, this is the best year in DCI since 2004 (or maybe 2008), in my opinion!

I still have a feeling that Carolina Crown could make a huge push in the last 3 weeks. I base this on one personal perception I have of them: TALENT

I feel they are the only other corps this year with talent level near or even above the Blue Devils.

If Crown cleans what the have, I think they will improve steadily but maintain their relative scoring placement. If they make some changes to add more impact, more GE, like they did toward the end of last year.... plus they fix their ensemble timing, and percussion issues... then I think their scores could rise much faster than the other corps around them.

Last year around this time, Crown was in a similar place to where they are now (3-4 place and scoring in the 89s). During the last three weeks they really upped the GE and that pushed them to a second place finish. There is no reason to think that the same staff could not do this again this year. I think the corps is more talented this year, and are much better in the caption which held them back last year (vis perf/ens.). If Crown can get their music and GE scores up to what I know that corps can achieve..... they will be a force.

I know here are a lot of "ifs" here...... and this is why I'm not sure they can do it...... I just think this is one possible scenario.

Right now it does look like BD will go another undefeated season, But to say now that they will win is definitley premature. There is still 3 weeks left ( almost) and there are lots of corps that will close that gap ( SHOULD be easier to clean 10 points than it is to clean 7)

This will be my 23rd time attending Finals and i am kinda hoping for a real exciting end.....something like .. ahem...1988!.

:tongue: .

Things can change fast, but they really seem to be locked in. Squeaky clean, but making changes/additions at the right times to preserve their momentum. I agree that the Cavies have the best shot, but I don't think they'll get clean enough -- especially musically -- to have a shot.

Its simple. The backfield conductor grabs this spear and ....... nevermind.

August 14, Indianapolis

In first place with a score of 98.965, from Concord, California, The Blue Devils.

We are 19 days away from finals. 19 days away from naming the 2010 DCI Champion. I am sorry to announce the results so soon however, I can no longer ignore the obvious. BD’s are points ahead of the other top 5 and are winning all captions. Like there show or not, this year’s show will not get stale or peak too early. For whatever reason, the judging community loves what they are doing and how they are doing it. And the 2010 Blue Machine may be the best all around group the have ever put on the field

No one will catch them and it’s even doubtful they will get much closer.

Perhaps you disagree (I hope) If so please tell us which Corps will catch them and more importantly how they will catch them. Be specific. IE they will make up .6 in drums, .3 in brass etc, etc. Please dont use examples from previous years (Crops X was Y behind and caught Corps Z Bla Bla Bal) Yes I know it has happened. We are only talking about 2010 here.

Have fun

SCV Homer

I agree. NO ONE WILL CATCH BD.

Having said that, it is NOT my favorite show this year, but they are executing the XXXX out of it and deserve the accolades they are receiving. I continue to have problems wrapping my mind around how to judge their visual design/execution against other corps (Musically, in my humble opinion, they have more or less already won) but whatever they are doing, the judges LOVE it and there is no indication that this will change anytime soon.

My advice to BD's competitors: Figure out what they are doing that the judges love so much, and figure out how to do it better than them. Because I see BD doing something VERY DIFFERENT visually, it is WORKING, and until someone figures out how to conquer it get used to seeing multiple rings on BD's members fingers.

I think we have to wait for the Atlanta Regional and see the spread...

BD is very, very good but has a show that, concept-wise, can be overtaken...

If they are 2-3 points ahead in Atlanta, then its all over.

If anyone is within a point, then we got ourselves a horserace!