Sorry but no one will catch BD

Our judging system is a joke. Not that the Dev's shouldn't be winning because they should, they are the class of the field, however, a 94 in July? Two and a half weeks left to go? Really? I'm starting to root for the G7... maybe then the fans will actually get some entertaining shows.

why not 94 on july 28th? I thought that judging was to be objective, not based on the date. This is not a wise ### comment... just a question/observation.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why not 94 on july 28th? I thought that judging was to be objective, not based on the date. This is not a wise ### comment... just a question/observation.

94 has been breached on about this date... 10 out'a the last 10 years. Probably goes back further (not gonna bother), and it's nowhere near a record.

i cringe when i see this thread title every time.

Amen to that.

There is at least one new face and voice speaking to the Cavies that was not there earlier in the season. Is he the reason they are suddenly climbing rapidly? Could he be the magic bullet that gets them within striking distance of BD by mid-August?

I thought this might be the case, as well.. and for certain, there's no denying the impact Sly's presence can make. Unfortunately for your scenario, Sly was only with them for a couple of days and didn't work directly with the corps. He observed and then worked with the current staff .. so he is probably making an indirect impact.. and this is not intended to downplay the positive effects Sly can and usually does bring to a visual program.. but the change has come from the existing staff and from the boys, if it's come from anywhere at all.

Our judging system is a joke. Not that the Dev's shouldn't be winning because they should, they are the class of the field, however, a 94 in July? Two and a half weeks left to go? Really? I'm starting to root for the G7... maybe then the fans will actually get some entertaining shows.

LOL.....you know, there is only 11 days left in the regular season.......

G

LOL.....you know, there is only 11 days left in the regular season.......

G

you should think about getting rid of the bd 14 champions thing in your sig.

remember what happened with your prediction about crown and the cavies this year.

seriously. don't mess with things. :smile:

What I don't get is all this talk of BD stagnating. Little room for improvement? Messy intervals, fuzzy drums, rifles caught on a half, and a less-than-stellar ending....just like many of the corps!

You've got a great point!

Cavies won in 04, but BD took brass and guard. SCV took percussion.

Cavies won in 01, but BD won brass and Cadets took percussion.

Cadets won in 98, but BD took brass and guard. SCV won percussion.

It's all about the GE! :smile: