Sorry but no one will catch BD

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your civility and you're exactly right. There seems to be "reality tv show" kind of quality to the discussion here on DCP. It's a strange population of posters, one minute you're reading a music professor kind of post (lofty and self-assured) and then you get a trailer park reply (oh yeah, well bite me). It's America.

hey, you have me an idea!

next time i do a long breakdown kinda post, i'll end it with "bite me" :tongue:

I agree - I think their visual program (both drill and guard) is fine - the mirrors are a nice effect, and they do the corps a favor in many places by directing your eyes towards a smaller "box" than the entire field in which stuff happens. That's a tried-and-true trick - heck, even Pioneer's done that (Oliver, Picnic Tables), and it works just fine.

Musically is where I have the issue - it's just not doing it for me. I'm having a very hard time picking out threads, flow, communication - save for the lyrical parts of Laura, which keep getting interrupted. I don't presume to speak for all fans, but I thought somewhere along the line the whole program would develop a shape, and it ... well... hasn't... yet.

But the judges are scoring it in first, and unless the Cavs changes light a fire under the crowd and it starts to snowball, I don't see anyone catching them.

Mike

Agreed. There's a lot going on musically, and I think that's the point. Laura is supposed to sound fragmented along with the rest of the show, and it's all supposed to build up to the last minute or so, a la Star 93. But I think you used the perfect term....right now, it's "shapeless." Going for a big payoff at the end while building up tension for the first 10 minutes requires a stellar editing eye. It's not quite there yet for me.

I have faith it will be soon enough with all of the legends on their staff...took them awhile to figure out what to do with the last act of their 03 show, but when they did, it tied everything up nicely.

" I'd like to build a world a home,

and furnish it with love.

Grow apple trees and honey bees,

and snow white turtle doves."

Chorus :

" I'd like to teach the world to sing,

in perfect harmony.

I'd like to hold it in my arms,

and keep it company.

That's the song I hear.

I'd like to see the world for once,

all standing hand in hand

and hear them echo through the hills,

for peace throughout the land. "

( repeat 1st stanza, and then chorus)

" put your hand in my hand.

lets begin today.

put your hand in my hand.

help me find a way. "

I think you just violated copyright! The black Suburbans are parked outside your house right now! :tongue:

Someone knows their history. :blink:

I am currently in the Middle East right now. got nothing better to do right now at the moment than look up stats lol

BD now at a 94.1. 5.9 to go....at an average of .347 a day they will get there

i cringe when i see this thread title every time.

At least he started off with an apology.

Our judging system is a joke. Not that the Dev's shouldn't be winning because they should, they are the class of the field, however, a 94 in July? Two and a half weeks left to go? Really? I'm starting to root for the G7... maybe then the fans will actually get some entertaining shows.