Scouts design in the future . . .

The Phantom Regiment, Boston Crusaders and Blue Stars?

Placing will be decided between the Scouts and the judges. Phantom, Cru, BS and BK will not have any say in the Scouts score.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Placing will be decided between the Scouts and the judges. Phantom, Cru, BS and BK will not have any say in the Scouts score.

I think you got that turned around a bit. *Scoring* is between the corps and the judges. *Placing* has everything to do with those other corps. In any case you're absolutely right that Madison can only control what they do; the rest is out of their hands.

Don't forget some "Ballet in Brass"

Now that would be a complete Madison show! Ballet in Brass, Numero Uno, Strawberry Soup, and Waltz of the Mushroom Hunters! Being an alum of another Wisconsin corps, I would seriously be pulling for a kick a** season for the Scouts if they would play all four of those awesome classics in one season!

I wouldn't mind some new repertoire. "Best Hits" is cool every once in a while, but if you do it every year it gets kinda monotonous.

And though Madison's hornline is certainly one of the best balanced hornlines of the year (if not, THE best IMO), they don't even come close to being the loudest. I keep hearing people say that the volume will get turned up soon, and I certainly hope so. Madison should be loud and well executed, end of story. Percussion needs to step it up too.

Honestly I'm just hoping they use "Octavarium" as a show for their 80th anniversary in 2018.

no, seriously

I wouldn't mind some new repertoire. "Best Hits" is cool every once in a while, but if you do it every year it gets kinda monotonous.

And though Madison's hornline is certainly one of the best balanced hornlines of the year (if not, THE best IMO), they don't even come close to being the loudest. I keep hearing people say that the volume will get turned up soon, and I certainly hope so. Madison should be loud and well executed, end of story. Percussion needs to step it up too.

Honestly I'm just hoping they use "Octavarium" as a show for their 80th anniversary in 2018.

no, seriously

I agree. I think the goal of this year has been clearly expressed by the Scouts' team. Reestablishing the Scouts brand does not mean we will have retread shows, year after year.

Well, I am not going to guess about the volume of the hornline. I'm just going to continue along 10th avenue and enjoy the sights and sounds.

The brand hasn't returned. It has fundamentally changed. The only thing the same is the name and uniform. The Scouts have never had a hornline where you could hear tubas. The Newstar regime is changing that.

SCV is also undergoing a new direction. SCV 2010 is NOT the same SCV of my time, or even the recent past. Like Newstar (Madison),it is being reshaped in a new image. And not one I plan to support any further.