When are corps going to come back to their roots?

Do you ever get bothered by the way the corps do things, because the judges say: "It should be done this way"

EXAMPLE: For the last 15 years or so, ALL CORPS changed their uniforms because, the uniform should enhance where the sound is coming from. So ALL THE CORPS changed their style and history because of a few judges..

EXAMPLE: You cant wear spats, you cant wear white shoes, it will expose the marching errors, and detract from where the sounds come from!

EXAMPLE: You cant do any sensational marching effects during the show, because it has to "flow with the music. it has to enhance each phrase."

EXAMPLE: Why is there a Color pre in the middle of your show? etc....

DRUM CORPS HAVE COME A LONG WAY for the POSITIVE!...But when i watch MADISON SCOUTS, and hear their traditional music, i miss seeing their spats!

When i see SANTA CLARA VANGUARD, I miss seeing their full red jackets, that go down past their waist, plus their white shoes.

When i see TROOPERS, i miss seeing their Traditional Trooper uniform. Their Uniforms must enhance their show. If they were Trooper uniforms it wont go with the music!

NONSENSE TO ALL THIS!

JUST DO IT, BECAUSE IT IS DRUM CORPS,and SCREW ALL THE JUDGES and the UNIFORM COMPANIES that want to make a BUCK!

DCI will be announcing soon in next year's rule changes that it is now mandatory to stand still (or move relatively slow) when playing. High-step will also be the norm and corps will be discredited for doing this (as well as minor imperfections in the fitting and upkeep of the uniforms), as DCI will now return to their roots.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you ever get bothered by the way the corps do things, because the judges say: "It should be done this way"

EXAMPLE: For the last 15 years or so, ALL CORPS changed their uniforms because, the uniform should enhance where the sound is coming from. So ALL THE CORPS changed their style and history because of a few judges..

EXAMPLE: You cant wear spats, you cant wear white shoes, it will expose the marching errors, and detract from where the sounds come from!

EXAMPLE: You cant do any sensational marching effects during the show, because it has to "flow with the music. it has to enhance each phrase."

EXAMPLE: Why is there a Color pre in the middle of your show? etc....

DRUM CORPS HAVE COME A LONG WAY for the POSITIVE!...But when i watch MADISON SCOUTS, and hear their traditional music, i miss seeing their spats!

When i see SANTA CLARA VANGUARD, I miss seeing their full red jackets, that go down past their waist, plus their white shoes.

When i see TROOPERS, i miss seeing their Traditional Trooper uniform. Their Uniforms must enhance their show. If they were Trooper uniforms it wont go with the music!

NONSENSE TO ALL THIS!

JUST DO IT, BECAUSE IT IS DRUM CORPS,and SCREW ALL THE JUDGES and the UNIFORM COMPANIES that want to make a BUCK!

When airlines go back to biplanes...

Get over it...

DCI will be announcing soon in next year's rule changes that it is now mandatory to stand still (or move relatively slow) when playing. High-step will also be the norm and corps will be discredited for doing this (as well as minor imperfections in the fitting and upkeep of the uniforms), as DCI will now return to their roots.

No more narration or vocals either.

color pre is "color presentation" It's a formal presentation of the national flag of the corps in the show. Usually involved the "A line" coming up front as I recall. Were corps even doing color pres in 72?