How do you feel?

I would probably "gasp" walking around the streets of Hattiesburg, Mississippi and they would probably "gasp" while walking around the streets of Boston.

Granted, you will never find me walking around the state of Mississippi ever though.

It's not about where we are, it's about what is going on here.

As Lance said, there is no need to bring up Regions here... :worthy:

Edited by Lancerlady

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In some cases dresses can be a little much (for both genders really) and can get in the way. Overall of the uniform is part of the show's overall motif, and isn't too overbearing than I'm fine with it. Now are we going to just bomb the whole dress idea because a guy is wearing it? We shouldn't, but it's going to happen. It defintely gets more attention than a girl in a dress for obvious reasons. If you don't like the uniform than hopefully there is some amazing equipment work/movement that will distract you. :) It definitely work last night for me at DCI S.E.

I do disagree with the comment about designers. Designers spend alot of hardwork and dedication to come up with these ideas. Are they all good? no, but we should at least respect them for it. Not everyone gets it right 100% of the time. If it works, all praises to the mighty design good, if doesnt then see what you can change to make it better. Designers have to find the happy medium between adequately visually representing theme/concept of the program while keeping the functionality of the uniform. We would all love to see some Cirque-esque uniform from time to time, but alot of their costumes are a bit too elaborate and restrict body movement way too much and we all know how important body carriage, etc. is to the guard activity.

In reference to the regional bigotry comment: Come one guys, we are all one big drum corp nation, under one drum major, indivisible with plenty of tan lines for all :worthy:

I respect designers but I disagree with putting a guy in a dress, I just think they could have put them in a better uniform then that, and it was distracting equipment wise and just turned me off in general.

As far as the bigotry comments...it's double standard on here, I'm used to it. I'm trying to be as politically correct about this as I can be without offending anyone. There was no need to go there from the poster.

It's funny cause this girl from Memphis, Tn; survived 3 summers in one of the toughest drum corps in the history of the activity, from Revere, Mass...so whatever...

I dont care but I honestly dont watch the CGs unless they make it obvious that the focus is supposed to be on them.

I was at the Oklahoma, Dallas and San Antonio shows. And I have to agree seeing a guy in a dress is just something a person shouldn't have too see!! Especially at a family oriented show! It's just wrong! There were several comments made at all the show's by several peaple sitting around us. And none were positive! JMO

I was at the Oklahoma, Dallas and San Antonio shows. And I have to agree seeing a guy in a dress is just something a person shouldn't have too see!! Especially at a family oriented show! It's just wrong! There were several comments made at all the show's by several peaple sitting around us. And none were positive! JMO

why is it "just wrong"?

why is it "just wrong"?

I would prefer not to see guys in dresses. On the other hand, in general, it is probably best to let the designers have a lot of freedom. If I don't like a particular costume, I can always focus my attention elsewhere.